for That Gentleman

10/11/2006 c1 21Chocolate Herrings
Les Mis! I adore this song... The poem is pretty worthy of adoration too :)

By the way... On your profile... you have one of the best quotes in the entire world... John Proctor from the Crucible. That quote makes me want to cry.
1/17/2005 c1 2philoslove
This definitely brings to mind, Les Miserables. It's the setting and the diction, especially about the silent voices, shadows and empty chairs. The character Marius sings of "empty chairs at empty tables", in the musical, you see. And I feel that the tone is very much the same. It's well-conveyed certainly. The diction makes it all the while haunting. Riveting...
2/10/2004 c1 Winter's Roar
Fabulous poem, and i love how you didn't make this one rhyme. The repitition is excellent and really makes the point. For some reason this made me think of Les Mis, after all the young rebels have been killed, but anyways, another well written poem from you, def one of your best!
~ winter
1/28/2004 c1 17Burningskyfire
I understand what you're portraying. I know a couple of gentlemen who would relate - it makes me feel empty on their behalf.
1/26/2004 c1 20Penny so Pretty
wow... this is great! it makes you think... ya know? well, i'm gonna go read some more of your pieces (this piece sure did make a good impression!)
-BM-
1/25/2004 c1 26Scooz
Awe thas so sad, he doesnt have anyone. Thas a good poem, alot of emotion in it. And thank you for reviewing Brandon's poem, I am trying to convince him that he can write good poems but he doesn't believe me and it meant alot that ppl have been reviewing, so thank you and keep up the good work, your poems are beautiful.
~Luthien~
1/25/2004 c1 8MysticBlack5
reflects my current mood exactly! great job!
1/25/2004 c1 Icyflame
Out of your eight pieces, this is perhaps your best. I believe you got your point across more clearly and elegantly without trying a rhyme scheme. Maybe try and revise this one, though. In the lines "room that was once filled with laughter/ room that was once filled with song," maybe try something more precise? Think of the most colorful (*not* obscene!) words you can and see if they fit what you're saying. Good job and good luck.
1/25/2004 c1 lipstick stain
Hi, this is beautifully written yet very sad and true wich is why it is so good. wonderful job , i like it alot
bubye
x
milie
1/25/2004 c1 2Ms. Mya
Thats sad... good poem though ^_~