for Colwyn Bay

5/23/2005 c1 22Lucid Nonsense
That was beautiful. Reading this, I felt like I was there standing on the shore.
2/25/2005 c1 RainShadow2005
Wow. Sorry to begin my review like that but I am obsessed with beaches and most things to do with them. This poem really rang very true for me. I know the feeling well of watching a sunset over the beach and feeling my heart freeze in the presence of such color and beauty. I wish I had read this earlier because it strikes my inspirations and makes me long for a Summer or Fall sunset over the beach. Alas, I will just have to wait...

RainShadow2005
9/4/2004 c1 17chocoholic
That was excellent. I might have said this before, but I've never, ever been able to write poems that ryhme or are structured. So I have great respect for you, who can do both! Plus, Colwyn Bay is a lovely place and your descriptions are original and fit it well.
4/22/2004 c1 37Sunflower Philosophy
Decent rhymers are rare around here, and yours were far more than "decent". A perfect rhyming scheme is one that adds to the meaning of the poem, not takes away by chopping sentences up and scrambling them around, and one that just sort of flows naturally, and one without the usual "true" and "you" and stuff like that.
So yeah. Perfect rhyming scheme.
I love your use of language in general. It's rich and colorful without being too sophisticated and hard to understand.
Excellent job here, and thanks for the review... ;) I suppose "bittersweet" is the word that sums up "Letting Go" best... so I forgive you!
m~* Sunflower, anyone?
3/31/2004 c1 1Deviously Angelic
you sure have writtin alot of stories but I like this poem because its short, and you generally can't go wrong when writing about a beach
3/14/2004 c1 12Pineapple River
wow! that was an amazing poem! i usually would tell you my fav line from it but i honestly love them all! keep writing!
2/9/2004 c1 54Werecat99
I loved it, of course. Especially the last verse.
It was original, unlike MANY poems on sunsets. Good work, bunny rabbit.
2/8/2004 c1 19Crow08
Like all of your poems, this one is peaceful and soothing. Very vivid - I can almost feel it.
2/5/2004 c1 8strongwind
wow! i really liked the contrasts, the last 2 lines in the second to last verse.
and the end is also great!
2/3/2004 c1 20Once in a blue moon
Something in this poem moves me to silence. It seems melancholy and sad, but really, it exemplifies night at the beach, just as the wind starts to blow and the sand is getting cold. Just as the stars appear in the violet sky... but I'll stop there, as you have already put it into such simple, beautiful verse.
2/3/2004 c1 giygas666
This is a nice poem. I can't quite put my finger on what it makes me feel, whether I should feel sad that the day is dead, or happy that a 'hale and young' eve has come. Still, it's a nice peom with good imagery. Thanks for your review.