for Who Is the Soulless one?

9/17/2005 c1 Arcadia Lynch
Well, this certianly voices some of my views. I really liked it. Very well written. I admit I'd like to see more of this.

Please review me back, ~D
6/25/2004 c1 harrangatang
Interesting perspective on a comonly overlooked issue, Erin. You used some very good arguments(altough i belive in paragaph 2, sentence 6, you truly intended to state: "how could something soulless love?") One other thing is that i belive you violated one of the key rules of essay writing in the first paragraph of this work by introducing so much negative evidence against your thesis without any direct rebutals related back to those arguments. I think this essay could have been made stronger by either leaving out some or most of the negative arguments(especially the one of the Bible as this would cause most Christians to imediatly disregard the rest of your essay as heresy.) and/or providing direct rebutals to those arguments making sure to once again mention the argument before stating your claim against it. Still, altogether it was a good work which causes even the most one-minded people to consider a different train of thought which could change much modern policy, esspescialy that which invloves animal rights.
4/8/2004 c1 7Llednyl
I liked this a lot... I agree with what you have written, and this is something I've always felt. I was not brought up in a religion, and did not have any rules, laws, or guidance set down before me in a book. So I belived what I felt to be true and right by instinct, and did not learn (thankfully) until later in life of anyone doing otherwise. We may be the dominant species on our planet, but that doesn't mean we have the right to disregard our earth and all other living things as insignificant.
3/12/2004 c1 20randomfanwriter
Good Job and UPDATE! I updated Remember the Memories please come and Review! Thankies!
2/10/2004 c1 12VDraconis
This reminds me of that guy's (I think it was Descartes) thing: "I think, therefore I am." Man has a fetish for overinflating his ego just because it's the only 'intellgient' species on this planet.
2/8/2004 c1 4Amethyst Fire Knight
Oh, wow. I couldn't tell my dog she's been bad. She was sleeping this morning, and i was making fun of her to my friend, trying to see how to wake her up. And she was sleeping deeply i guess, but when I used something that i knew would catch her attention "Do you wanna go for a walk"- one of the few English phrases she, as a dog, completely understands, and she woke up, jumped up, and stood at the door. I felt so terrible that i had said that without much intention to walk her, because it is REALLY cold here, that i gave her a bunch of dog biscuits and ran upstairs before she finished so i wouldnt have to look at her sad, confused, innocent, and dissappointed face. I couldn't tell her she's bad today. I'm gonna walk her later, to make up for teasing her this morning. I can't feel guilt at my beautiful husky dog for too long before i have to do something to make up for it. She has a soul. And I love her for it.
Sorry for rambling. Great writing.
~*Amethyst Fire Knight*~
2/6/2004 c1 47Lollipop Rave
Wow... I like this. Good arguments, or at least better than I hear most people say... Personally, I believe that animals have souls... And, humans aren't necessarily more intelligent, but just more curious, and therefore, it led to more. But... I think it will also be our downfall. Lol, but I'm sure you don't wanna hear me go on about this stuff ^_^.
2/5/2004 c1 1Formerly
Just one comment. I feel guilt if I break something beautiful. That doesn't mean inanimate things hace a soul. A mother's instinct isn't necessarily love, by the way. And... er... there ARE animals that kill for pleasure, sorry.
By the way, I consider humans to be on a higher level than animals. Not because we have a SOUL or any such bullshit, but because we think, and we produce art. I consider that far more important.
2/4/2004 c1 40This is my stop
Animals have feelings. i Do believe it. they have souls. everyone does
peace
maggie
2/4/2004 c1 1jawaclone
Not a bad essay, it puts up a good argument, but i'm not convinced. I told my dog she's a bad dog and she licked me in the face. "Aww, she was just showing she loves you!", not so. She just wanted the remnents of dinner left on my face.
Another thing is protecting young love? Not necissarily, it is in an animals best interest that their genes are passed on, its their form of immortality, and was instilled by God (if you're for such things). Love is doing something even when it's not in your best interest. Would a mother wolf protect the young of some other wolf if they were in danger? Probably not, why because they can't feel love. Would a lady protect a baby she doesn't know from danger? Yes, most likely. So you can't say animals have a soul.
Which reminds me, you didn't even specify what a soul is, so therefore your whole essay has no argument. But good try! :)
2/4/2004 c1 1Lauren K
ooh, I really like this! I like the "humans are definitely superior" and then "but..." v. good. I myself believe that humans' intelligence is leading to our own downfall, and the downfall of our home planet. I love animals (not all but in general) so it bothers me when people insist that animals can't feel or deserve to die for our pleasure just because they don't speak our language. Stupidity makes the world go roung, no?
~Kiara