for a country burning

11/30/2005 c1 5Glorio
Very expressive and true poem T.Rowland, please read my one, search my name, and go to poem The Bitter Truth
10/27/2005 c1 32Abortive Measures
That's wonderful, really eloquent. The problem seems to be that people won't regard Mugabe as a despot on par with Amin until after he's dead/overthrown. It's really tragic.
9/16/2005 c1 2Kitai-Shinsei
Hey, I live in South Africa. I get where you're coming from. Mugabe won't live forever. Soon, there will be a rebirth and everything will be all right.
9/10/2005 c1 4Insane Pagan Chicken
Despite my not knowing much about Zimbabwe, I found this poem very powerful. It makes you think. *favorite*
7/29/2005 c1 5snipsa
Another really heart-wrenching and sad poem, about a beautiful country, ravaged by a savage!

I realised now that you are from Zimbabwe, this is really brilliant, coming from somebody so close to the crisis.

Beautiful, and really sad!
5/5/2005 c1 10Aimee-Louise
i know its terrible, but its refreshing to hear a poem about a love for one's country that houses a huge amount of poverty. Instead of these spoiled liberals complaining that thier country is terrible, you actually love your country and want to make it better and remember the good things about it. God bless you, you have a great talent for writing.
4/2/2005 c1 6Toni Berthelette
*cries* so sad :( But a beautiful poem *adds to favorites*

~*Toni*~
3/17/2005 c1 3StillInLalaLand
*sniff sniff* that was really powerful and BEAUTIFULLY written
11/23/2004 c1 kdatlyno
Outstanding.

All I know about Zimbabwe is what I have seen in the media. And what I have seen in the media shows that Mugabe is amongst the worst of the world's tyrants. What can you say about someone who intercepts aid parcels and doles them only to his supporters?
3/17/2004 c1 3Emerald Serpentt
Beautiful imagery. I can really feel your love and your sadness for a country I know little about. Thanks for writing!