for WWJD?

12/6/2004 c1 21Ovaia Pelosa
Jesus would vote Republican! Duh! He might even address the Republican convention! He'd help fund the swift boat vets for truth! He'd decare preemptive war! He'd shoot abortion doctors! He'd execute people without fair trials! (at least, this is what the Republicans do, and since they spent billions of advertising dollars telling us that they're the party of Jesus, it MUST be true!) Sure, maybe we don't know what Jesus would do, but thats why God sent us an infinitely wise prophet, George W. Bush, to guide us! We would be lost, but, praise God, George is here! I trust that George knows best, and we should all take his word as part of the Biblical truth. For instance, when I read the Bible I find no references whatsoever to abortion. But President Bush says that Jesus hates abortion, so it MUST be true. I'm gonna go protest the abortions now, cause thats what Bush...I mean Jesus... would do!When I read the Bible I see Jesus saying "Help the poor." But Bush says welfare is a waste of tax dollars, so it MUST be true. I'm gonna go step on a homeless persons foot now, cause thats what Bush...I mean Jesus...would do!When I read the Bible I see Jesus saying "turn the other cheek." But Bush said that we should kill people who wrong us, so it MUST be true. I'm gonna go electrocute people now, cause thats what Bush...I mean Jesus...would do!Its an ancient Biblical truth: Jesus loves Republicans, and hates Democrats and poor people. What more do you need to know?

Nah, I'm just being sarcastic and stupid. I was somewhat shocked that this poem didn't get any angry, ranting reviews from real ultra-conservatives, so i decided i should give you a pretend one. Afterall, no intellegent piece of writing is complete without being scorned and condemned by close-minded "christians."

Being serious now: I really like this poem. The first verse is great, especially the line about "massive churches." People seem to have forgotten the obvious, perhaps the core of christianity-God doesn't care about material possessions.And i love the stanza that begins "Or would he cry..." I was kinda touched by that, mabye because to me, one of the most touching parts of the Bible is when Jesus crys for Jerusalem. I dunno why, i guess because He shows such strength, crying not for Himself but for others, but also shows His human side, by crying at all. And the last two lines are just absolutely perfect. It kinda reminds me of when the Bible says "When you judge the law, you are not keeping it..." meaning, exactly what you said, its not up to us to decide what God/ Jesus would do. This poem is a perfect antidote for the times we live in, when the name of God is used in campaign slogans and Christ's will is mutilated by political manuvering, when the Lord's wisdom is reduced to catch phrases and bumper stickers, and blasphemy is a tool to get elected. (i.e. "I love God more than Kerry, so God wants you to vote for ME!") Its just crazy.

Well, at least their are SOME sane people in this world, your poem is evidence of that.
10/30/2004 c1 ICU2
I like this and its point. ive thought of this too, in my own way.
p.s.- I am very appreciable of what you said to me in your reviews. People like you keep me going.
8/28/2004 c1 232karmakaze
I love this, and I'm glad someone wrote it. I don't mind Christians, but I hate when people wear religion on their sleeves so they won't have to think beyond what they're told. Great work!
7/21/2004 c1 4Neveah Snow
awsome
4/27/2004 c1 2eve6evil
that's pretty good. have you seen the passion of Christ? it's kinda hard to explain. what questions do you have and what exatly do you NOT understand about my poem 'The Passion of Christ'? .
3/31/2004 c1 73Senorita Diabla
LoL, I agree with Alyx's review. Poor Jesus ^_^.
chochang913
3/16/2004 c1 2mks-wannabe
im lost...wuz that supposed to be offensive? i mean, yea some ppl are wacked and outta purportion, but thats scary! and the last two lines were kinda scary..hm, maybe i miss read it
-mKs
3/15/2004 c1 Story-Teller's Aide
wow, that was EXCELLENT and i'm normally a bit cynical of religious poems. it raised brilliant points and was written effectively. well done :) (if you get the chance could you r&r some of my work please?)
3/14/2004 c1 58Alyx Bradford
::whoops:: Love it. I've always said that Jesus was a wonderful, caring man who had the ill fortune to have a religion based around him.
Good work - nice cadence and diction particularly. Well done. :)
3/13/2004 c1 16kelloggs
WOW!
i really love this poem! this is great! it really made me think bout if wat the world is today really is his plan...interesting style and format of poetry. i loved it!
3/13/2004 c1 WarriorHeart