for English is useful, too!

8/11/2004 c1 4Candy-yum-yum
*melts* this poem is so good! acctally one of my freinds the other day thought that history was useless were i was defending it, but english is a main part of life! how can someone like a book but not the way they wrote it or expressed it or said it!thanks for this poem becuase it will surly make a difference in someones point of veiw!
-candy-yum-yum
7/3/2004 c1 18pacopuppy
I agree. English is important, too! Good poem. I enjoyed it.
*meg*
5/7/2004 c1 4Queen of the Dragons
Cool! I wish that WG could see this (HA HA). Anyway, this was really well written - what kind of style did you use?
4/5/2004 c1 39Aspiring Author
I LOVE IT! I completely agree, and I can think of other people like that! _Wow_, but that's gratifying!
(sorry Earthsong12, had to steal your "signiture")
3/29/2004 c1 Spooni
Heh... I very much agree with you there.. I suggest, if you like, reading _The_Things_They_Carried_ by Tim O'Brien...yes it's about Vietnam, but it's also about life and love and such, lots of short vingiettes. One of the first ones, "How to Tell A True War Story" adress the issue of reality, fictional truth against, historical, and one of his main points is that historical truth doesn't matter. It is the emotions of those involved that make the issue matter, and all the statistics and names and dates in the world cannot humanize an event like ne person's personal story and reaction.
*NYAH!* on that silly boy. He doesn't understand life, or the purpose of language and communication. One must use it to adequatley understand oneself and the world around, to experiance things and ideas that would otherwise have been barred.
Whoot! I feel like writing a rant now! ^_^ Sorry about all this. GO you! Did you smack him? Come on, he deserved it! :-p
3/29/2004 c1 Kekadu the Goddess of Chaos
I like it. ^.^ Nice idea. Your poetry is developing nicely. Keep up the good work!
3/25/2004 c1 11Earthsong12
Verry interesting. Is this the actual conversation you had with WG? Oh, I hate him so much! I can easily picture him saying this. And you said he wasn't that bad! Wouldn't it be funny if he was a fictionpress-er and he saw this and got mad? Although he's not the type to do something creative. Anyway, the poem was wonderful, and I agree with you, although i prefer math to english. Only comment: paragraph 5 has too many "hidden"s. Try a thesaurus. You know, in order to spell thesaurus I had to go to microsoft word, type it, and do spellcheck. Isn't that sad? Wow this is a long review. Bye bye.