for Daddy, It's Me

8/9/2011 c2 3Lizpop
Wow, I actually teared up, my throat clenched...i wanted to bawl for a moment. Beautiful. I don't know what else to say.
8/8/2005 c1 27why can't I just be tall
I really wish that someone could bring your dad back. if my dad died i think i would died. i'm finding it kinda hard to write this cause i'm crying. it's beautiful and i know that if your dads watching from somwhere he'd be crying to. Death is one fo my greatest fears and i hope that in your life you don't have to deal with more death. this is the most beautiful peace of writing i have ever read.
8/4/2005 c1 1p-y-a
that was amazing. im actually crying really hard. your writing is amazing and the story itself was incredibly sad.
7/21/2005 c1 4konstellation
wow...this truly is heartwrenching and beautifully written. I, too, have lost someone close to me and I understand how miserably hard it is to move past it. you've put your pain into words wonderfully, and i truly hope everything gets better for you.
5/29/2005 c1 1FamousOneLiners
will never understand people who 'constantly' must be in relationships. I've gotten by fine, frankly, without any. I'm probably the hardest person to convince that love exists. I know it doesn't make sense that I write romance, but writing things that aren't true or real are easy... ya know?

thats definitely true, it's exactly how i feel, and this is a great first chapter.
5/24/2005 c1 Estelle
Gotta say, that was pretty terrible. I'm sure it was very sad for you and you poured out your soul etc. but as a piece of writing, it wasnt at all original or eloquent. You're trying too hard to win your audience over and it just sounds immature. You need to try and give it your own spin - sit back for a bit and try and come up with a new angle.
3/4/2005 c1 23Nut
...wow. really touching. i can't really relate to it cause no one in my family has ever died. and i hate my dad so i don't know what it's like. my sister moved away though but it's nothing compared to your loss. this piece was really sad and extremely well writen. i'm really sorry about your dad.
1/13/2005 c1 8Hotkitty
that was so brilliant, i felt myself relating to every word. My dad died 1 and a half yrs ago and i know how shit its like. I've finalli found someone whos gone thru the same experience! did u get 2 see ur dad b4 he died? and how did he die? mine died frm sudden heart attack wen we were on holiday. we were at home in themorningand he was like all happy and jokingabout with the family, then my mum and cousins went out and he suddenly became ill. him and my uncle rushed off 2 hospital but it was like an hours journey frm where we were. 2 hours later we got the call he was ded. I've alwayz considered writing it and i've strted sumtimes but i just cant bring myself 2. I'm glad i red ur piece, and wen u say that u doubt any1 can relate, trust me, i can.
1/10/2005 c1 Call me when you're rich
Hey! Thanks for my lovely review btw. Anyway, onto yours. This was really good and very moving, I especially liked the 'i want my fucking life back, I need...' sniff sniff. Wish I could capture emotion like you! xx
12/8/2004 c1 4elyn
so touching...
11/30/2004 c1 3Comicbook Hero
This is a beautifully emotional piece...very deep, very sad, but it captures the truth and depth of emotion that one feels going through something like this. It's a story that I can really relate to having lost my granddad last year. You have put into print what so many have felt or do feel...a touching piece. And my deepest sympathies for your loss.
11/28/2004 c1 2Katie Jean
That was really beautiful. Really really sad but very well written. DO cherish it, it was excelent. I'm so sorry you have to go through that. Just know you're not alone in how you feel, I know how alone sadness like that can make you feel. Never think that you need to let go of him and "get over it". He sounds like he was a wonderful father to you, don't forget that. As you go on, just try to remember the good parts of it, because those are what will make you stronger. And I'm sure he knows how much you love him. This piece reminds me of a song I think you'd like. Its called "Wishing you were somehow here again" I think. Its from the musical Phantom of the Opera and very sad. About a girl who's father died. Here's the lyrics:

You were once my one companionYou were all that mattered You were once a friend and fatherThen my world was shattered

Wishing you were somehow here againwishing you were somehow nearSometimes it seemed If I just dreamed,Somehow you wouldBe here

Wishing I could hear your voice againKnowing that I never wouldDreaming of youWon't help me to doAll that you dreamedI could

Passing bellsAnd sculpted angels,Cold and monumental,Seem, for you, the wrong companionsYou were warm and gentleToo many yearsFighting back tearsWhy can't the pastJust die?

Wishing you were somehow here againKnowing we must say goodbyeTry to forgiveTeach me to liveGive me the strengthTo try

No more memories,No more silent tearsNo more gazing acrossthe wasted yearsHelp me sayGoodbye.
8/3/2004 c1 5quiksilva brumby
That's very well written. I'm sorry for what happened to you =( But you should cherish this, cause its great. I can definately feel the pain in your writing as well.
luv ~brumby~ xx
7/10/2004 c1 2cassandra26
My grandmother died two months ago. But we really weren't that close. I guess I know how that felt, trying to make people think you're happy even when your not.
My parents fought a lot...as in a lot.
I'd see bruises on her sometimes.
I didn't think it would stop. But I wished it would.
Even my friends didn't know. I was too ashamed, too scared to tell them.
I'm not preaching or anything,but there was someone who DID help.
It was God...
5/21/2004 c1 13Coral Chimera
This piece really moved me. Only that you have to eventually accept the fact that nothing lasts forever. People come and people go. He made an impact on your life, cherish all the great times you had and thank God for all the precious moments you managed to spend with him. Be strong dear, I'm sure you've got a great family and close buddies rooting for you.
20 Page 1 2 Next »