for A Walk Through A Graveyard

5/29/2005 c1 6Windy Mountain
This poem is excellent! It really gets you thinking. It leaves you feeling something-like sadness or fear, perhaps. The chills, definitely. Hey, you were born on an eleventh! congratulations! That's my lucky number! (Of course, i don't really believe it does anything for me. It just likes to hang around me a lot.) Keep writing-you have a lot of potential!
4/26/2005 c1 21WannaBWriter
i loved it! to be quite honest i have never been to a cementery but i can only imagine the effect it will have on me when i eventually do. however, i ahev asked myself these questions many times and of course i have yet to find an answer. this is a remarkably written piece! i really love it! good job! keep writing!*thank you so much for the review!
7/21/2004 c1 31amdespot
This poem started off a little weak, but it became stronger and stronger as it went. I like this alot, mostly because I have asked the same questions about myself. Will I be remembered? That is what stands out in this poem the most, it is what ties it all together, what ties those who died, the graveyard itself, and you the writer. It's a beautifully morbid poem written in such an easy lazily manner and I mean this in a good way.
I also want to thank you for reviewing my poem "Contact Lends." I don't usually do this, but I want to describe the poem more to you. It is called "Contact Lends" because it is somewhat about contact lenses and also because contact with people and things can "lend" a lot to people. It helped me survive. I was seriously considering suicide one night and I was crying. I took out my contacts and kept them. The next day when I was still alive and feeling better I crushed the dried up, hard lenses in my hand where they crumbled in my life line on my hand. I threw them in my blue trashcan where only a cup of pudding I had eaten and Swiffer dust rags were lying. I don't know if this makes you appreciate the poem more or less, but that is how I write. Most of my poems are like this and really only I could ever realize what everything figuratively or literally means. I thought I would share this with you for whatever reason. Thanks again for reading it and keep writing yourself.
5/20/2004 c1 47Anjeni Windsinger
This reminded me a lot of the cemetary in the reservation I grew up in. I was somehow related to all the people buried there, and I couldn't help but feel some sort of fascination.
Very good work on this one. Your thoughts were expressed well. Awesome write!
5/2/2004 c1 32The Blind Guardian
I love your diversity! You can take something as soft and sweet as Tears of the Moon and then write something like this...Okay, so maybe Tears of the Moon came later, but still. I remember vaguely walking through a graveyard when I was younger, but I never thought of any of these things very hard (I was around eight), but yes, many good questions, and your poetic style fit well. Again, I am more than impressed. When you ask what you will be remembered for I can safely say that you will be remembered for both your tallant as a writer and your unique ability to make even the morbid have a posative side. We need more people like you in this world.
The Blind Guardian
4/23/2004 c1 82Linnet
It was indeed morbid. =(
But also thought-provoking and very, very good. I love all your speculation about what the people were like, and especially the line: "July 30, 1998-I wonder what I was doing that day"
It was a very powerful line.
-Linnet