for On Faith

beautiful
thankz for the reviewz..
live on the edgE...
5/20/2004 c1 460Time To Change
Very well written. I like the first four lines a lot.
'Religion is a belief in the unseen.
This blind faith does imply.
So, go on and blindly jump off the cliff
And believe that you won’t die.'
I thought this poem was excellent. Sorry i can werite more, my brother wants to go on the computer.
ICT
5/19/2004 c1 18pseudocidal
I like this...it's short but powerful and has an impact on the reader. Nice one. And I really like the lines
"Clap to save the fairies
And pray to save your soul." Don't know why, it's just...well...good job is all I'll say.
5/18/2004 c1 4getlucky
Beautiful. I loved it. Your language is extremely well-developed.
5/18/2004 c1 22MagenDavid
Ah, maybe you're the one whose blind. I feel g-d everyday. If I see the sun come out from behind a cloud, JUST when I was feeling low, I'll feel loved by g-d. It's the exact opposite of blind fate.
Right, review on the poem. I thought this was written extremely well. Your form of writing reminds me of my uncle's and he's had books of poetry published so... I guess that was my attempt at a compliment. *looks down embarassed*
5/17/2004 c1 18Dark Vagrant
I like it, of course, me being agnostic, I don't take offense or anything. I always think its funny to see the religious folk try to scramble to deny what seems quite obivous, such as how strange faith is. Well done capturing that notion by the way. =)
5/16/2004 c1 A Beautiful Nightmare
Enchanting... well done...
5/16/2004 c1 612simpleplan13
i do clap to save faries lol... nice peter pan allusion... nice poem too... tahnks for you awesome reviews!
5/16/2004 c1 17the mouse that roared
I like this. Good examples!
5/16/2004 c1 23suckerplucker
I'm confused by Line 2, what is blind faith implying? Are you refering back to line 1? If thats the case, the more gramatically correct/less awkward phrasing would be 'Religion belief in the unseen/this implies *blind* faith'
(I used *'s because you might want to italicize blind if this is what you're getting at)
Besides that, (and this is off the topic of your piece) I disagree with your analysis of faith. It is the person who doesn't understand religion who will "jump off a cliff [believing] that [they] won't die". Religion isn't about god directly interfering with you life, it is about believing that god is out there to be a friendly ear, and help if he can. Not that I'm religious mind you, I just think that for someone who advocates happiness so heavily in her profile, this poem is a tad intolerant.
zac
5/16/2004 c1 35pixy-dizzy
I like the "Clap to save the fairies...and pray to save your soul." This one seems...a little different. I dunno why...but it's a GOOD different!
5/15/2004 c1 28CydCharisse
I really loved this. *adds to favorites list*
This is something very controversial, and I'm sure you could've gotten flamed for this...Almost making fun of those who indulge in faith...but I'm very glad you wrote it, because it was wonderful.
"Clap to save the faeries" was my favorite part. If I read it out loud, there'd be bitterness and sarcasm dripping from it. May not have been YOUR intention...but it was how I read it.
This is what I've always thought in religions...they're just fairy tales, and you just can't 'think happy thoughts' as you said, because they won't save you in the end.
This is a very long review. All I can say in the end is, "Loved it."
5/15/2004 c1 WarriorHeart
Hilariously truthful, at least in my opinion. You expressed something I didn't know how to say, and terrifically at that. Loved it, absolutely loved it. I have to put this in my favs!
5/15/2004 c1 57tofujunky
Good golly, you fascinate me. Your talent for fully expressing your thoughts in such few words is truly beyond my grasp.

"So, go on and blindly jump off the cliff
And believe that you won’t die."

"Let faith be your parachute," they say, "And let God be your safety net." Then everyone takes a dive, as I sit back and enjoy the show. It's actually quite amusing, really.
5/15/2004 c1 7Sterces
Smiles, this was amazing! I loved it! Excellent job!
36 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »