for Disconnect

5/16/2010 c1 1Mader Levap
It was an interesting read.

"We were constrained by our need to constrain."

Nicest sentence that I seen in some time. :)
1/1/2009 c1 102firemounrain
Thanks for the clues at the bottom. :)

The speech is sometimes overly formal, but I like the whole idea of the story.

Also, I'm a big fan of having science and jargon in the story, and you do really well. :)
6/19/2007 c1 ecwix
Just one thing I noticed:

-" "We had always tried to program our intelligences, to buil[d] the categories and the relationships ourselves, to design the entire system, it had never occurred to us that like biological intelligences, they could be grown."

"To built" doesn't make sense.

Wow! A great mind-stimulating read!

My only complaint is that all your characters just seem to dissolve together. I can't tell a neuro-whatever from an artificial intellegencer, or whatnot. The names just seem to slip right out of my mind as soon as I finish reading them.

But I can see that the focus of this story is the philosophical discussion. I did feel somewhat lost among all the different voices and somewhat confused at the many twists and turns the discussion took, but it everything seemed somewhat connected and satisfactory. :)

Great work. :)
7/15/2004 c1 dreamshell
This was a very intriguing story. A good combination of both hard sci-fi and philosophy. I liked the idea of the meeting being more computer-oriented. The idea of a bipartite entity is one that I'd love to see again, that's for sure. The GOD acronym was a clever bit. It was very nice to see an intelligent piece, I just wish I'd seen it sooner. I wish I could better describe my response, but I can't really. Let's just say it was quite good.