for Weeding Dandelions

6/2/2009 c1 11Flaming Skys
I absolutly adore this

Not only is it well written, it's something that really reminds me of myself.

Awesome job

X
12/13/2007 c1 fatso17
haha! god, i love this piece! i can imagine someone recounting this humorous story! ah, what a good laugh. beautifully structured, a sophisticated use of language and wonderful use of wit! one of the best reads i've had in a while!
6/9/2007 c1 4Lady Katreina
Wah! I'm glad my parents don't cuss (or punish cussing)!

Very AWESOME descriptions.

You are a great author. I love how you're easily able to get the point across and make a world in which your characters not only live, but thrive and play. Thank you for your writings.
5/5/2007 c1 Genato
haha! my parents are kinda like yours. although they both cuss, but my dad cusses more. and my mom always blames my father if i did something wrong.. like she couldn't picture those wrong genes coming from her. haha. this is funny and hilarious. ohh. and i remember the first time i cussed.. i was in second grade and a classmate of mine kept cussing.. by that time.. i thought cussing was cool or something like that so i repeated 'sh**' twenty times. then i dropped something. then i accidentally said it. haha. like it.
11/22/2006 c1 smartalleck
SO nice to read a well written, satisfying short story on this site. Makes you go, "oh. yeah. I could do that." and run off to read the dictionary. can so see this happening. woot for you!
6/15/2006 c1 minute-glass
lol this was funny =]
2/22/2006 c1 24Hazeleyed Everglades
ROFLMAO

OMG that was awesome! I loved it! Especially the frank, brutally honest, yet childish tone it was written in. Well done!
1/12/2006 c1 FP RecsReviews

Your story has been Recommended and Reviewed in the followingLivejournal community:

http:/w.livejournal.com/community/fp_review/

Good Job! :)

12/10/2005 c1 5square root
Is this a true story? I laughed so hard reading this... "goodnight dammit Helen." Lol. Good short piece.
9/24/2005 c1 7lilxseeker
omg this story is brilliant and kinda hysterical...great job on this!
7/15/2005 c1 98Arcane Hero
ROFL! Ah, to well do I understand this. My mother didn't believe in soap though, and when i accidentaly slipped up and cursed, I quickly thought up a lie to spare me from a lecture. My little sister on the other hand..not so lucky. She learned many..interesting words from her father.
6/10/2005 c1 20ErgoSchmergo
"But the truth of the matter is teens just don’t give a damn. There. I’ve said it. Can we move on?"

hahahaha so true, adults try to find a reason to everything. do they not remember being young?

"I, however, am not and will thus give you the condensed version."

Seems like you're rambling, but it's still interesting so far.

“Goodnight dammit Helen.”

hahahaha! That sounds like something my brothers would have said.

"I wish to orate for you"

Oohh, good vocabulary. Chalk some points up for you.

"And so life passed, among the neighborhood children, in a sort of pattern—go to school, come home, have a quick snack before dashing out into dirt paradise, and stay there, until playing innocent to a shrill mother’s calling to return home was no longer an option."

That was kind of a confusing sentence. I had to re-read it to get the meaning. Too much went on at once. But still true to my life as well!

"Bravado following the incident was short lived. My mother’s nagging, was not."

Haha, does that not always apply?

"Even though the affront lacked serious zing, it still agitated me to no end."

I've felt like that before.

"It must be remembered that I am more my father’s daughter than will I ever be my mother’s, so it is only natural that in moments of frustration and anger I should behave as he would."

Hahaha! It's a manifestion (how do you spell that, or say it for that matter) of me! Like, a recreation of me...yea...

"like I was some subservient peasant"

Subservient, nice vocabulary yet again.

“Mommy, what’s a bitch?”

Hahaha, innocence at it's greatest.

All in all, a good story. Some confusing sentences where at first I wasn't sure what was going on, but the humor and truth more than made up for that. Is it sad that this would be my childhood wrapped up into one story...?
1/26/2005 c1 goody2sho
ha! *dies of laughter* that was fabulous. The ending was perfect...at first I wasn't sure where you were going with this but it was fabulous! Man! You really melt your words together perfectly...*grumps* wish I could do that. You are really really talented. This story was magnificent! Loved it!
12/26/2004 c1 7dreamerdoll
oh, this is hillarious! i will be laughing weeks after at the thought of it! it cracked me up...there are some parts in it that everyone thinks...its great, because you can actually relate this to your own life!
12/23/2004 c1 7tickle-me-pretty15
that was so good! I'm still bubbling with uncontroled laughter.I remember the first time i cused and i said the b word to my mother but instead of dail soup it was hot sauce let say i love hot suace now lol.
33 Page 1 .. Last Next »