for Calling All Anonymous Flamers

11/6/2018 c1 lover of books21
i know that feeling not here on Fiction press but over on Fanfiction i've had a number of them the one thing i love about it being anpnymous is you can say bye by aka dealing those reviews its the ones that log in and leave flaming reviews that bug me by the way great work i really liked your reasoning they can also do the most sensable thing and press the back button WITHOUT leaving a review at all
5/13/2007 c1 4ziva-in-the-rain
Oh, yes, yes. I agree completely. I remember the first time I joined fanfiction. I'd posted a real people fic (I know it's not allowed, but I'd seen many people do it) so I was expecting a nice review or at least an update soon or something, ya know? Instead of that, I got an anonymous review, reporting my story.

Yup, pretty fair if you ask me *rolls eyes*

But anyway, yeah I can relate.
12/28/2006 c1 72MokikaStyle
Personally I like flames. Sometimes they help me know my work is worth arguing over (If that makes sense). Sometimes when I get too many flames/really really bad review I do take down a story and have a sort of emptish feeling :l
10/7/2006 c1 Anonymous
Ditto.
8/1/2006 c1 11Vivix
Wusses. If I want to criticize a piece harshly, I do it proudly with my name.
3/8/2006 c1 1Formerly
It sure is sad when those evil, nasty flamers crush the souls of our talented writers.
2/24/2006 c1 AVDA
I want to throw you to alligators. Its the way of nature. After their done chewing off one of your legs I'll pull you out, the leaky ruin trailing arterial bleeding behind it. Then I'll mace you in the face and pummel you to death with a fire extinguisher. I hate you and everything you stand for. This is not over.

The One, The Only,~AVDA
2/21/2006 c1 6SongWriter13
You are definitely right. I've never been flamed (luckily), but I've seen flames, and they are not nice.
2/21/2006 c1 5Asia Minor
Well, I'm not a flamer but even I was tempted to reply and just quote "This is crap, why are you even on this site?" because you're just asking for it even more with this essay.

Yes, people like this are annoying but why let your confidence be "crushed" by someone who you clearly agree is so stupid that they can't even put together a constructive critique? And why go a step further and give them what they want (the satisfaction of upsetting and annoying you) by writing an essay about them? The only way to deal with these kinds of people is to ignore them and you can do so before they even say anything by setting your profile to not allow anonymous users to review your work. So if there is already a way to prevent it from happening to begin with... what is there to complain about really?
12/6/2005 c1 Sally
You don't bold part of FictionPress. I really wish that they actually read the members' pieces they highlight instead of randomly picking them so they don't highlight pieces that aren't essays.
10/6/2005 c1 90poetic abortion
lime, I swear your brilliance astounds me. this is a well penned essay and just narrows down the emotions geered toward flames perfectly. honestly, they aren't helpful and just are insignificant. the best adivce, at most, is to just ignore them or if you are feeling malicious flame them back. indeed, it is quite fun.

I agree with Simian on the note that "However, I've learned that more often than not, if you're being flamed it means that your work is good!" - yes, I have noticed that and it can go into account for Princess Mulan's GO HEART OF SWORD and this brilliant little essay (yes, I am shameless). typically, I like to think authors with exceptional talent (in my eye) who are flamed are merely flamed because of jealousy but that doesn't stick well with me at times.

though this is an excelliantly penned rant. I find your work always with a flare of elegance and beauty. :) your words are easy to understand and leave no room for the mind to comprehend over the pieces meaning. you are blunt in the way you do not stray from your point. you put a great deal of emotion and passion into this. it is quite evident.

I have *so* fallen for your work all over again. :) I must seem terribly cliche?

~* noelle
8/2/2005 c1 Lanny Pamberpin
haha! thanks for a laugh. Flamers are stupid. (I can't really say that I've ever been flamed though. Critisized, yes.)
8/2/2005 c1 12Simian
I agree entirely! Sometimes I think that people just come on fictionpress to let off some steam. They are not helpful to the writer, especially not if the writer sucks.

However, I've learned that more often than not, if you're being flamed it means that your work is good! Because somebody might flame you because you made an awesome piece that shows your religion/race/gender/political stance in a good light and they want to try and discourage you from doing so again (or start a war to prove that your work is actually a lie, etc...).

It could also mean, and more often than not does, that the people are jealous. Your work either a) has more reviews, b) is written better, or c) has better ideas than theirs, and thus they want to make sure you're not around to write more to make them look like complete morons.

And for your information: I cannot give any constructive criticism to your piece. Although it is more of a rant than an essay, it is still one of the best written I've seen. Excellent grammar, your choice of words is easy for anybody to understand but is still classy and elegant, and you get to the point quickly without ducking around to avoid being flamed.

This is most definately going on my "favorites" list.
7/7/2005 c1 1darkjedi908
I think you've just wrapped up all of the feelings of many an enraged writer who's fed up with all the useless piles of sheer crap flooding thier review page. Ironic, though, how several anonymous reviews were posted for you (but I agree wholeheartedly). "omg, u can't write for crap, u suck, u suck, go f*ck off" really demonstrates the intelligence of many dumb people haunting ff.net and fictionpress.net.[hops off of soapbox]
6/23/2005 c1 9Rubbertusks
Haha, reading the flames you got for this is really funny.

It just shows you how -mature- these people are. Honestly. I knew it would be a temptation to say “This is crap, why are you even on this site?” for a few people, but anyone over the mental age of five could probably resist.

Anyway, you're right. Flamers don't know how they can bring a writer down (or they do, but don't care). It was good of you to tell them so.
39 Page 1 .. Last Next »