for You Cannot Convince Everybody

7/6/2005 c11 DanielleHime
I have only one thing to say, and it won't be as meaningful because fictionpress doesn't allowed repeated characters in reviews:

AH!
6/28/2005 c10 10Heinrich
Thank you Danielle!

Now, to clear a few minor things up:

Danielle is very correct with Alana living as close to normal as she could in this time. It was her fateful chance at getting to live

- Note, Alana is only half Jewish. Not that it really even changes the storyline too much, but for future notice.

- As for living in fear of Nazis, keep in mind. Herr Kreuzer's last girlfriend was Jewish. Later you'll find out more about his character, but I can't spoil that now ^^;
6/27/2005 c10 DanielleHime
This is a review regarding the one below.

I give Vanessa the benefit of the doubt. She couldn't know that you, Sturgis, have an elite body of knowledge pertaining to World War II, the Nazi faction, and Germany as a whole. She couldn't have known that you've dedicated an enormous amount of time and energy to these subjects, not by force, but because it's one of the many things you are passionate for. And she doesn't!

However, Vanessa, while this era was set into motion, many non-Jewish, German families continued about their daily lives much in the manner of our non-military families do today during the war in Iraq. Alana, being Jewish and taken out of the concentration camp, has an opportunity to live similarly to this. Working within the household of a Nazi official is, ultimately, her protection against the downward spiral of the culture around her. It's a creative way of demonstrating how life did go on in the midst of racial slaughter. Not every story of Jews in Hitler's Germany is an Anne Frank story.

Raina is trying to expand one's vision of Nazi Germany outside of the common knowledge of fear and terror. I, personally, think she is doing a magnificent job.

(Now, for this chapter... I hope Alana didn't really sleep with him. Ick! Pedophile!)
6/26/2005 c5 3Lady Wrye
I am just reviewing for the chapters I have read thus far, but Alana hits me as being relaxed and content. No offence, but the way in which you write this makes the serious issues seem smaller, and everything else seem okay.

Although I don't know how long Alana has been in that situation, or exactly how she reacts, she hits me as being too relaxed for this time.

The Holocaust was a time when the Jews were in abject fear of Nazis. The Nazis were not just young, cute guys in uniform who were polite. Neither were they stern women.

The Nazis were people who either believed in that the Jews were low, or they were manipulated into thinking this.

I do not mean to offend you in any way. But your story really hits me as a cute and dangerous setting for romance. Not a true interpretation of what the Jews were suffering at that time.

I am not saying you need to know all the facts. I am simply saying that if you wish to write a story that is semi-historical, it might be better to know a little more about what your writing about.

Your writing style is fine, and very good. But I just feel that you don't understand the seriousness of the Holocaust, and need to take more responsibility before writing a story about it.

-Vanessa
6/24/2005 c9 DanielleHime
Hahaha! That last line was brilliant! It wrapped the chapter up so well.

Kurt's really into her, eh? Well, let's just hope they behave. Right. Behave. Poor Herr Kreuzer. :( He SO jealous.

I can't wait for the next chapter! It's summer now, so no excuses!
6/1/2005 c8 DanielleHime
I LOVED this chapter!

She paused not really knowing what else to do. “Oh.”

Haha, that reaction was priceless.

Aw, Kurt, that was superly cute. Too bad boys are too stupid to do cute things like that mumble mumble mumble.

“Kurt. It’s a pleasure to see you here. Please, get that holly off the ground on your way out. On your way out, via the door. In under ten seconds.”

I loved what he's saying there! Not only is it humorous, but it really shows his impatience without directly saying so.

(Herr Kreuzer SO wants Alana.)
3/6/2005 c7 DanielleHime
You're right, I do like Helmut! He's got good taste in women. XD Haha, ah, anyway, another wonderful chapter! I can't wait for more!
2/27/2005 c6 JT FAN
Yhis story is amazeing.Will a romantic relationship form between Alana and Herr?Please update soon
2/27/2005 c6 DanielleHime
Ooh, an update, hooray! I very much enjoyed reading this chapter... twas both happy and sad. Poor Herr Kreuzer! His woman so cruelly snatched away by the cold, clammy hands of fate. A Bavarian woman, too! Aw...
1/30/2005 c5 DanielleHime
Wah! You updated forever ago and I didn't know! Even if it means putting off Mrs. Izzi's homework (heaven forbid!)... write more!
8/21/2004 c3 5PriestSnatcher
Ah, and so the saga begins. *waits in suspense* I can't wait to read more of this! Heh, I liked how Herr Kreuzer made Frau Rache fidget. That was funny. ^_^
8/19/2004 c3 1GlaringImperfections
I like this so far! Update!
8/18/2004 c3 DanielleHime
And the plot thickens! I wonder how Kat feels aboot that? Great chapter, keep them coming!
8/3/2004 c1 15pinkdragon
The looks to be very interesting! I honestly, at some time, considered writing something similar to this. Weird,huh? Your writing has devleoped so superbly over the past few stories, I must say. I really can't wait until the next chapter. I know I ALWAYS say that, but it's ALWAYS true!
pink
8/2/2004 c1 5PriestSnatcher
*Squeal!* I'm so glad you've decided to post this here! Yay! I've read what you've emailed to me and I think you have a very intriguing plot thingy going on here. I can't wait to read more! O.O;
Arg. Frau Rache makes me cringe.
Great job, comrade!
*adds story to favorites list*
16 Page 1 2 Next »