for In Defense of Hedonism

9/6/2004 c1 15No Trust
The fundamental fact of reality is that all humans are de facto hedonists. The end. Philosophy is just a game—a very amusing game at times, but a game nonetheless.
9/6/2004 c1 9Cthulhu
I would like to thank you personally for your very mature and polite tone in your reveiws and in your writing, I thinkt that Remnant is just A Xian who was scared of Satanism as it made sense as a separate religion and chose to try and denounce anything other than a lifestlye of abstinence and "spiritual fulfilment" (how many people have been truly satisfied by that?).
A hedonist will obvioulsy excercise caution in their pursuit of pleasure, and just because pleasure is gained from a source other than the flesh still means it is pleasure, I get pleasure from reading poetry or stories, or from discovering somthing new, or from helping people.
Peace out (to use a hippyism)
9/6/2004 c1 10DarkSorceress
Very mature of you to take this off of the other person's review board...anyways, onto your piece...
People find fulfilment in different ways- for me its writing, reading, learning, shopping, eating, helping and something else...anyways, Remnant just doesn't seem to realise that not everybody will find fulfillment from loving god (and jesus, most people say jesus but he chose god)...Remnant is just being close minded, and like many (not all) Christians believes that his religous vindictions are true and that whatever you believe is false...
Sorry, I kinda got into a rant there
Anyways, interesting piece
DarkSorceress
9/6/2004 c1 TaraErin
Well done. very clear and to the point; as usual.
Thanks for putting Remnant in their place. I was reading Remnant's reviews in the satanism essay and I got all kinds of mad.
Cheers