for Blood On Our Sneakers

6/16/2010 c7 6McQuinn
It is such a shame you aren't continuing this.

Dude. Popsicle Stick. Why aren't you continuing this? I think I've read it over and over again-about...eleventy billion times. The voice is phenomenal. The characters sound like they're real. And your mastery of the English language puts 99% of the stories on FP to shame. What is WRONG with you? Continue this, or I'll break your face.

Lots of love.

Quinn
6/15/2010 c7 Mai-lee T
Yeah, I'm pretty much oblivious to any hints of any form, so my apologies for that .

But, I can't wait till the next update!
6/6/2010 c3 Mai-lee T
Maybe Smith Smith could come across Jacklyn and the sleazy guy in the hallway and then bring her with him to his lunch table?
6/6/2010 c2 Mai-lee T
I think you did a good job portraying Jacklyn having a nice side, but also still being tough. But, Smith was a little too weak for me...
6/6/2010 c1 Mai-lee T
I just found this story from the SKoW website, and I like Jacklyn's spunk :] can't wait to read more!
4/19/2010 c2 3Measuremylifeincoffeespoons
Your humor is key here, and it's definitely on point. It gives the narrative a less serious tone that works well with the plot, so keep it up. I must say, it'll be interesting to explore a main character like Jacklyn. In real life, she's the type of broad I'd probably roll my eyes out, but you write her well enough that she's intriguing and even likable. Smithie was also loads of fun, so I look forward to seeing more of him. Sorry for the obnoxiously long review, just one more tidbit and I'll vanish! Your sentences tend to get a bit wordy. I love your writing style, but the wordiness tends to be a distraction, so I would recommend abstaining from putting too many thoughts into one sentence.
4/16/2010 c1 Measuremylifeincoffeespoons
So I just stumbled upon this story for the first time (the title pretty much drew me in) and I must say that you really started it off with a BANG! That sounds pretty corny, but it's true. The main character is definitely a tough ass (at least, she thinks she's one) and comes off with a very clear impression. She's comes off a bit too strong at times for my liking, but I find a likable candidness to her character. Consider me a fan of your writing style, and that alone is enough to keep me reading. Congrats on your nomination and win, it was well deserved. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
3/13/2010 c7 3Has A WaywithWords
Okay , so I saw this story on sKoW , and the title grabbed my attention . I loved the story . Normally I don't enjoy bitchy main characters , but Jacklyn grabbed my attention like a shooting star . . . or something along those lines . She's erratic , rebellious , just plain genius . I want to learn more about Spiro , Manhattan , Thatcher , and everyone else . Especially Smith , he intrigues me . Update soon .
2/8/2010 c1 10cherrypiesizzle
Nice, nice. I like this. The title was what first drew me.
1/31/2010 c2 Danielle Gin
At first I thought this questionable, at best. After all, another girl in an all boys boarding school with every one of them falling head over heels for her has been done before, hasn’t it? Oh man, had I judged too quickly though! This is absolutely hilarious! From Jacklyn’s narrations with impressive and quirky vocabulary to her jaw dropping comments, her entire character is entertaining and probably enough to keep the story going plot wise. It’s obvious, though, that with supporting characters like Smith Smith (and Agent Smith, brilliant names!) that you’ve got an all star cast. Also, the boys reactions to Jacklyn are top notch. I can clearly envision a classroom of boys trying to act cool to impress, but scared witless by her. Great work! This totally deserves SKoW recognition!
1/25/2010 c5 morexforxme
haven't read the chapter yet, but I want to say that your music taste rocks. the decemberists are my favorite band ever!
9/27/2009 c1 16Hellcat81
this is gonna be funny. :D
5/13/2009 c7 second-hand-screamo
You have no idea how much I loved this. I don't go for the melodrama in reviews that much, but this chapter almost made me cry. I went through a relationship with a boy that sang in a voice like that very recently, and remembering watching him sing about me onstage (after the breakup), well... yeah, Jackie-girl and I reacted very similarly. You take these intense, powerful characters and make them so realistic, so human. It's awesome and keeps getting better. It DID take a while to get this up dear, so I'm gunna have to go back and re-read after the next update and inform you of my guesses, but I will try to tell you my ideas, since you asked for it. I can't claim they'll be anywhere close, tho.

PS- I wanna go drinking with Holden. Make him real, please?
3/6/2009 c7 10under the bed
I was waiting for the funnies... And they didn't come. Your writing style somehow seems different in this chapter, like you just decided to use a more eloquent vocabulary, for no apparent reason. I don't know, maybe I'm just annoyed at the lack of funnies. Make her drunk again. Please? =]
10/17/2008 c6 l'heautontimoroumenos
I really love this story up to now. You should update soon, as in very soon and I'd be extremelly happy. Wouldn't that make you happy and very joyful to make some crazy french girl living in bangkok happy? It's a one-in-a-lifetime thing, really.
353 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »