for White Slave or the Princess of Black Raven

6/9/2009 c2 Saranne
Do you mean it was legally illegal for her to be a slave or morally illegal? Technically back then white indentured servants could be sold into slavery on certain occasions. Testimony of an Irish Slave Girl by Kate McCafferty is an interesting book on it.
12/29/2004 c1 Rara Punk
Nice - I liked how you introduced all the characters at the start, it always helps to know who's who! Just one thing 'crying and whaling' - wailing is the proper one - unless it's the American way of simplifying things :D.

Good suspence at the end - what is going to happen to her...?

(Oh, if you haven't read it already, read American Gods by Neil Gaiman - it isnt dosent really have the same basis as your story, but somehow it just connects)
12/23/2004 c1 1TaschaBear
Intersting...very intersting. I haven't really had much experience with historical fiction yet...but I WILL NOW! And i heard about you from Thea, so that is how i stumbled over your profile...if you were wondering!I also admire your writing skills! What is it with you historical fiction writers and writing so well? J/K!

Keep the it coming!

Nessa
9/18/2004 c5 PhiloNysh
interesting ananlogy. update soon.
9/17/2004 c1 Evae Moroe
what a good story! My only complaint is that it ended so abruptly. I was hoping it would go on more, oh well i hope she writes a sequel. it is a wonderful story explaining what acctualy happenedback then. I give it * because of it's creativity and historical truth.
9/16/2004 c1 2Lady in Hiding
If it's 1809, why is your auctioneer asking for English pounds? The U.S. wasn't an English colony in 1809. Also, your chapter title says it's the 1790s, but you say that the ship reached Charleston on August 3, 1809. You may want to fix that discreapancy.
9/15/2004 c2 9Theadacia
I wanta read more. Good job! i can see the makings of a classic. Please enter more. I want to see what happens. Once again Good Job. Hey Micahprophet, check out my stories, love to hear what you'd say.
thea