for Silent Suffering

2/3/2010 c1 2looneyli91
This is a beautifully written, but very sad story. Unfortunately, one that people have to live through everyday, especially the women. I'm a recent convert/revert to Islam, and have been tripped up the stairs and pushed around at my school. Nowhere near the pain that this woman has had to endure, but I empathize :/
12/5/2008 c1 2Shahzadi
So sad and so beautiful. Where, exactly, does Yousra and her husband live?

I know this was only supposed to be a vignette, but you really should write a sequel and have Yousra stand up to her racist oppressors and find her voice.

~i
3/9/2007 c1 2Burpingbitch
liked this. i feel weird reading it 3 years later
4/9/2005 c1 Kira
I *loved* the story...I think I'm going to have to scold you later on...I'll tell you why :P

You should write stories like this more often! and make them longer please!
3/31/2005 c1 restock
m...~~ That was really good!Nice to read something out of the ordinary once in a while. I like it. :)I love the way you describe bits of the plot and enter scenes with such grace. And I espesially love what you wrote about. Amazing perspective! I'd applaud you if I wasn't typing. X3
1/18/2005 c1 Munaqqibah
Hey susu! This was great, wonderful! As always, flawless writing. But, just on the side, i found one of the reviews u got to be a bit...shall i say...queer..."I would've said something like: Muslim women aren't allowed to show their hair and parts of their face to anyone outside their family, especially men, and their husbands don't see them without their veils (I can't remember the right word, is burkah right?) until they're married." SILLY goose indeed...well, looks like she was pretty good at incorrectly correcting u. But u got eveything right, and kept it simple too. Unlike SOME PPL who go on and on with the list of ppl u can and can't cover urself in front of. ANYWAY,keep up the great work, u headed for great places sister! ;)Salamz,Sage
1/16/2005 c1 Mimi
hey u. guess who? thats right. me. ur bestest friend in da whole world. ;) anyway... i am soo impressed w/u. ur writing is soo good masha allah. keep it up. im gonna keep checking back 4 updates- so humor me! luv,~Amina H.~aka- Mrs.Aoshi Shinomori- he's a total babe! ;-)
12/28/2004 c1 14kit feral
Oh my goodness, that was so sad. And well-written and good... and wow. I'm impressed. I really liked the lyrics between the words. Are you going to write some more? You really should. This was really good.
12/24/2004 c1 Anime Freakizoid
yay you're back! this was quite dark and melodramatic but in a good way, you did a wonderful job with the different religion information...i really enjoyed this. also, i updated Dark Blind Ice if you wish to review soon...i can't wait to see your update on HotM, MERRY X-MAS!-anime freakizoid X^_^X
12/23/2004 c1 48Someone Out There Cares
Wow...that was an amazing story. As I am also Muslim, I can relate. You did a great job of portraying Yousra's feelings. I also loaved how you weaved a poem into the story. Although I sort of didn't like the end of the poem (not the story) because it felt too abrupt or not with the flow. But it was great, nonetheless
12/23/2004 c1 3Sillygoose49
Hey! This was really good! I see where you're coming from, and I agree that it's wrong for some of a race, religion, whatever, to suffer because of a radical group. In your author's note you misworded your explanation of why she couldn't show her hair. I would've said something like: Muslim women aren't allowed to show their hair and parts of their face to anyone outside their family, especially men, and their husbands don't see them without their veils (I can't remember the right word, is burkah right?) until they're married. Anyway, this was excellent, and I sincerely cannot wait until you update this. I especially liked how you made her husband a kind and good husband, contradicting popular opinion that Muslim men beat their wives, and deprive them of luxiuries and/or necessities. This was excellent, again, and update soon!SillygooseP.S.: You really need to update Huntress of the Moon! I'm dying here...
12/23/2004 c1 61Stories-have-souls
Wow, this is really good stuff! Perfection! I just love it!