for Religion

9/1/2009 c1 Old reviewer
I had no other way of contacting you so this is the best I have. In short Carl Marx literally wrote the book on communism. In it he said that religion was a construct to keep the proles (lower class) relatively happy by giving them hope. It isn't especially significant and if its just based on the need for that line then its fine to leave out those details.
8/31/2009 c1 5Arn-The-Silent-Scream
Not that this necessarily speaks to the work itself but I feel compelled to point out that what Carl Marx was actually saying is that religion is something beautiful constructed to distract people from there real misery. He goes on to compare religion to flowers decorating the chains of bondage. Telling people that the toil of this world will be rewarded with eternal happiness was what the ruling classes to used to keep peasants in line.
10/22/2005 c1 24Sarah-Brighteyes
Wow what an interesting and quite opinionated poem. I enjoyed the way it made me think and I am sure the nun thought the same thing. The format and style is interesting. I enjoyed that much.

Very mature in the word choice, and i found that refreshing... not many have a good vocab on here and I like that.

My own opinion of course is different, but that is besides the point. I found this deathly charming... the hopeless despair it spread and the almost sad feeling that dead religion without relationship or faith gives off. I found it almost heartstopping and wrenchingly delicious that it seemed so dead. bravo.
8/19/2005 c1 23Nothing Profound
Oh, interesting. I like the imagery and structure. Nice job.
3/3/2005 c1 3Tenshi1
yes, nuns can be cool. and i agree = how can any one grasp the concept of one thing without ever knowing its equal and opposite?
2/5/2005 c1 7PirateGrrl
I really loved this. I had to read it aloud. It's the truth and I like honesty. Thank you for posting this. Much Love, PirateGrrl
1/8/2005 c1 11Takatome Ichido
Neat. Just, really, neat. The parallel between religion and a drug, how very similar they are, and that one can truly find God only when they are damned was so neat. Imagery, style, description, everything, it was all just really cool.

- Taka
1/6/2005 c1 5Shian
I am a Christian and agree that Religion is just a set of laws, which is why I loved it when my church reminded us that we are to live by Faith, not Religion, because Religion is just works.

Good poem, btw.
1/6/2005 c1 232karmakaze
Wow, she must be a pretty cool nun. This is a great poem, interesting comparison.