for Crocus

5/20/2006 c1 6feelingshortofstable
This is really beautiful. The poem just flows so well, I couldn't help but reading it a few times. It's powerful, hopeful, and modest, and the tone seems so fitting to me. Might I also add that I love the line, "I did just as my nature bade: I live!" It drives it far beyond the explanation of Spring's first flower. Great job.
5/31/2005 c1 47Stickers
i don't think it was that good. it was just okay. I think u should write more fiction than poetry .Poetry is boring.Anyways good luck next time mate.
5/1/2005 c1 35Vestigial Account
The rhyme and rhythm here is just so smooth and natural - like a flower blooming - that I love it.
4/26/2005 c1 5Jessica Tudor
This poem is beautiful. I love the internal rhymes you use, the language is lovely and effective. your command of rhythm and meter is amazing. the only thing I don't like is the repetition of "Can you see me?" I don't know why it needs to be there twice... one little typo to point out, "conceive," that's all.

Further, thank you very much for your review of Orphans! I'm glad you liked it. I have a tendency to incorporate too much description in my opening chapter, hence that one's rather starkness. It probably could use some more though, thank you. Also, when I uploaded it, it had spaces between scenes. I don't know where they went though, and I've failed when I tried getting them back. I'm terribly sorry for that, but I don't know how to fix it! I hope you'll continue reading and leaving such helpful comments. :)
3/1/2005 c1 35John Barley
Tis a strange thing methinks that so small a thing can be used to describe such enormous subjects. Well done, well done, I bow to you in admiration.
2/16/2005 c1 4Rio Madeira
This entire poem is absolutely beautiful, especially the personification. I'm seeing similarities to the works of Keats, specifically "Ode To A Nightingale". I'd love to get a review from someone with your talent (I'm NOT trying to suck up!), so do review some of my stuff — just not the angsty love poem. You'll probably have to kick yourself in the head after reading it.
1/19/2005 c1 18Aged Parent Peggotty Barkis
Wow I think you are very talented. Definitely more talented than most of the writers on this web site.

This poem gave me a really powerful image of the struggling flower just naturally wishing to survive oblivious to the human ideas we dump on it. The natural beauty.

Thanks for reviewing my story (I don't remember if I have reviewed you already. You were the only one perceptive enough to pick up the tone!

From Kate
1/11/2005 c1 5M.P. Solo
You have a way with words that leaves me at a loss for them. Beautiful flow, beautiful language...I guess it doesn't matter what you write, it always looks good.