for The Phone Call

12/30/2009 c1 B-Dooliie
god, "...self-inflicted liberty". made me sad.

thats wonderfull, you know?
5/28/2008 c1 Cashaholic
'She Slit Through Like Tears And Beauty Died.'

Humm... is it supposed to be read like that, or is it just me?

x. Cashaholic
4/11/2007 c1 YourFutureDictator
Wow...that was very realistic. and very sad.
4/3/2006 c1 9Named Gene
I'm not a fan of slitwristsuicide poems because they sometimes feel overly dramatic, but there are nice parts to this, especially this:

"and they only knew the day she Diedof self-inflicted liberty"

The capitalizations are interesting, though I don't know the meaning behind them.

Not bad. :)

- Tammy
2/22/2006 c1 24Hazeleyed Everglades
I like it, especially the alien feeling the format gives, distancing itself from the reader, just like the girl is distanced from everyone around her. It's like no matter how much you can relate, you can't completely understand- just like it is in real life. Very nicely done.
2/18/2006 c1 48Vyvyan
Wow. The capitalization in the middle of the lines added a slight punch to my minds ear. I like it.
12/24/2005 c1 3caricature of intimacy
This is really interesting...I love the imagery, for one thing. She called to say she killed herself...it's almost irony. I read the whole thing once and thought...wow...strong imagery. I read it a second time and really thought about what that means. She called to say she killed herself. At first I thought of a telephone call, and then I thought of calling for help, as some say suicide is. Similarly, the rest of the poem did the same. I love the capitalized letters. It adds a certain symmetry, an emphasis. And of coruse the last line, which is tremendous. Self inflicted liberty. I seriously had shivers when I finished.

This is amazing. Great job.
11/26/2005 c1 115HauntedMisery
This is beautiful, excellent job!
10/10/2005 c1 jack
morbid. i like it.
8/24/2005 c1 REGRETABLE
I'm not making a comment about this because I know some people who read reviews, and I'm not setting myself up, but good poem, I can feel the blood and stuff...
7/21/2005 c1 30strawberryaid
Short and bittersweet. I like it. HA! I KNEW you were a poet! Can't escape another poet's senses I tell ya! I really like 'self-inflicted liberty' it almost holds an ironic substance to it.
4/17/2005 c1 72Forget-The-Sorrow
Dark, but Good.
3/29/2005 c1 1Infinite Abyss
That was pretty good.
3/24/2005 c1 1SomeCowgirl
Eh, kind of dark. Not as dark as I would have thought, but maybe Dank? I don't know, I like it though. It conveyed a message, a message that all of us should be aware of.
1/19/2005 c1 6concordance
you're back! wh00t!

very grim.

well written though. moods always influence some aspect/the entirety of what we write.

ciao!