for The Broken Road

1/25/2006 c23 carma
i really loved this story when lillian was still a servant, lusting after logan. im sorry to say that from there on, the story just got more and more unrealistic. i cant help but believe that she would react much different than how you have established her to be in the earlier chapters. there were times when i thought lilly would kill herself, and times when i thought logan would have second thoughts about leaving behind his old ways of having mistresses and one time affairs. i really apologize that i sound so critical, but it also bugs me that you have never finished what was mentioned of the women logan left in london.

this story was otherwise really impressive and even made me cry, which is rare. i liked how the female lead was blind. congrats on being a nominee.
1/18/2006 c1 Readers
Congratulations! This fic has been nominated for the Best Romance Fiction of 2005. The voting began yesterday and will go on till March 15th. Please inform your readers in your next update to visit my profile.

Thank You.
1/12/2006 c2 9Starox200
Wow. That was great. I was really put off at first because i never liked the idea of characters being less than perfect (in their own ways of course) however sas i kept reading, i realised just how sophisticated and complex such a story could be. I was shocked as i realised i wouldn't want Lillian any other way. She seems ethereal as though her blindness has set her above everyone else yet she humbles herself to interact with them. I have to admit that this is the first story i've read with such a complex storyline. Everything seems so plain and laid out. But throwing her being blind into the story opens new doors and new possibilities. Your story is extremely original and i'm delighted to have read it. Keep updating! (even though thats superfluous since i've only read the second chapter). Nehoot, Cheers! Kudos!Carpe Diem!Starox
1/7/2006 c23 1Raomina
This is truly a beautiful romance story. There were elements of love, fear, happiness, dread, anger, sadness, betrayal and hurt. What Logan did to her when he found out that she was of nobility was absolutely terrible and I really sympathised her. I couldn't believe she had managed to get through it like she did. If it was me, I would have ran away, or did something equally outrageous during that period like that, but that's just me. It really proved just how much she loved him and made him seem all the more worse for treating her like he did. I understand that it was mostly of shock from Rebecca's sudden arrival and his once broken heart, and it made him seem more realistic, in a way, and not perfect like some authors portray their male leads.

All in all, this is a very moving story. You had managed to make my heart ache and I even cried many times throughout this story. It is well-written, considering how hard it was to write it in a view of a blind person, how the world looked like without light. The descriptions were very vivid and the plot was well-planned. There is one little thing that I would like to request regarding this story. Since you have a prologue at the start, it would be appropriate to have this chapter as an epilogue. I know it's just a small thing that might not any effect whatsoever on anything, but it would make this story more...complete, in a sense. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this story and I will certainly read your other works when I have the time. Great job, and I wish you good luck with your pending publication request!
12/31/2005 c23 DarkestSecrets
brilliant story i must say! splendidly written! i really love how heart quenching the story is, you've written it in such a way that the reader could feel exactly how the character in the story is feeling which i must say it is a rare talent, as in, i most certainly would not have managed to express it so well! great job! is there by any chance going to be a sequel? or an official epilogue?
12/19/2005 c23 bluz
amazing. That's exactly what i thought about this story. At first i was kinda iffy about it, cuz i never read a story when someone had a disability, cuz i get sad, but i'm glad that i continued to read this story. The writing is great, it's just ... well amazing.
12/17/2005 c23 xxhiddenkittenxx
=] .. i enjoyed that very much.. thank-u .. for some reason i'm just not picking up super emotional vibes anymore .. at some points i wanted to cry .. but at other points i just felt a bit detached. the ending seemed .. interesting .. hahaha. but uhh .. overall i think it just coulda been better. keep writing. byes ..
12/17/2005 c16 xxhiddenkittenxx
u have absolutely N0 idea how much i wanna stab the dude for being so bad at reading what's truly in his heart~~! *sighs* .. but i guess it just does to show that love .. well .. really is blind .. -_-;;
12/4/2005 c23 hopes4love
Argh! There were so many times while I was reading this story that I wanted to bitch slap Logan on the face! LoL. Like when he kissed Rebecca. I was seriously ready to scream: "STOP, YOU RETARD! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" But anyways, I LOVE your story. I am so jealous. You describe scenes with few words, but those words really fit and describe the setting and character's emotions. I love that Lilly is blind. It just shows you that looks aren't the only thing that can get you love. I love your story and I am proud to put it on my Favorite Stories list.Sincerely,hopes4love
11/17/2005 c1 2BeautifulSin
wow
11/3/2005 c23 someone
i think you should publish this book. i really think this is a good historical romance novel.
10/31/2005 c23 6vierblith
hallo... it made me cry... *sob*... it was really great... it's just that i can't still believe that lovers do not often trust each other...

aw...
10/30/2005 c1 7Juniper Nights
Very nice.
10/13/2005 c23 26pneumothorax
There seemed to be a large amount of crying. (& maybe too little mention of hatred of being blind; do you really learn to cope with it so easily? Anyway.) There semed to be alot of repetition with feelings; hatred to love, etc. It misses something, though I don't know what. I feel bad to say that because it is unproductive. Good luck with getting it published, although personally I don't see it as a published article.
9/30/2005 c24 ash ketchem
Hello, loved your story and I hope you can get this published maybe within the next two years. I'm sure I'll buy it even though i read it before, twice. Anyways I hope you do well, it will give a little confidence to aspiring writers out there, like me who can't put my thoughts to paper. A fan, Ash
721 « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »