for Reflections

3/2/2005 c1 Natasha G
Great piece of writing. I can so relate to this. People's thoughtless comments can be so hurtful and can affect you for years afterwards. I'm still more inclined to believe the insults people threw at me years ago, than the compliments I receive now. I like the way you end the piece on the idea that life is too short. It certainly is too short to try to live up to the airbrushed ideals you see in magazines, or to listen to the comments of ignorant, insensitive people. And it's certainly too short to count the calories in a cup of coffee! Again, an emotive and thought-provoking piece of work.
3/2/2005 c1 21Xuewen
Who would flame you for this? This is extremely GOOD!

Yeah, I know what you mean in the essay...I'm like that too. I think it's a basic instinct of humans; to yearn to be what you aren't.

And it's this instinct that makes us turn a blind eye to our qualities and focus only on our flaws...

...And this should be a review for your essay, not an essay of my own! Haha...

Anyway, I think this reflects a lot of our thoughts; our being the people up here at Ficpress. Why else do we write? To escape reality, of course!

Anyway, write more of these contemplative essays; you rock at them.

Love,

K.

Ps. I nearly got a heart attack when I opened my emailbox and saw " [FictionPress.Com] Author Alert! Story from Luv and Peace ". I thought you had updated Big Much. Good God. I think I really am going to die young, seeing how often I experience this, whenever my favourite author up here at Ficpress either update or posted a new story. =)