for Selfish Lola

7/25/2007 c1 85Margot Tenenbaum
This is hauntingly beautiful. I love the combination of words and phrases. It's charged with emotion.
11/13/2005 c1 18Plinky
Beautiful.

Absolutely beautiful.

Nothing else to say.
8/16/2005 c1 addie pray
This is so beautiful. Flows lovely-like. Builds up to the finish wonderfully, the last line was stunning.
6/17/2005 c1 80citrus scented
fantastic, a beautiful collection of images and chilling descriptions. you really build up the lola so vividly. very powerful stuff.
6/5/2005 c1 24Sarah-Brighteyes
I love the image you painted in my mind. A sort of black and white woman whose mind is all in red. Lovely imagery and the metphors that i picked up through my own interpretation, at times can fit into my own life. I enjoy being able to relate to a piece, makes me think someone is writing to connect. Nice job. It was interesting and the flow worked.
5/1/2005 c1 94smile persephone
I would have categorized this as poetry, but I suppose this is suitable (it is your writing after all). I really love this. There's so much quotable stuff and I just can't pick one! I just adore the first sentence! Lovely, lovely.
4/5/2005 c1 Komodai
I suggest you break it up some and work on the syntax; give some lines more flow. That minor suggestion aside..

I like what you have here. "iron and wine," I dig it. The person here feels unique and specific, yet a type that everyone knows.
4/2/2005 c1 Kat
I just don't know what to say... I like this very much. I'd copy and paste my favorite lines, to show you, but it would be almost the entire thing.
3/12/2005 c1 24katmonkey
Wow, amazingly powerful ending.
3/12/2005 c1 hmmmmm
i'm in love with the last line even more than i love the rest.
3/11/2005 c1 42and flowers
the ending sums it rather rather bluntly, doesn't it? actually, to be honest, i think this lola might be you. hm. still, as always, i liked it. and i feel honored that you want to "write like me", though i think you do it with better description and better words.i love you. ...
3/11/2005 c1 4Kissy Kitty
I really like the feel and flow of this-it came across so well. I'm becomming a fast fan of anything you do. ;3

Thanks for your great reviews! To answer your questions, the girl in "Ice Winsome" is twenty-two. I've just uploaded two more pieces-I'd love for you to check 'em out!