for Monday Monday

4/11/2012 c1 8theKnobblyKneedWriter
Aww cute ;)
12/2/2008 c1 13blurrylights
That was so cute! I loved it. :)
9/4/2006 c1 Slander By Osmosis
What a great pick-me-up for a Monday. That was really great for being under one-thousand words. Usually, it takes much more than that to delve into a character's personality, but you did it! This was a great way for me to start off the week.
7/5/2006 c1 1DuchessYappingDog
Ah, he sounds so cute. Is there a boy like this in your life? I'm still waiting for mine, or to meet mine? o_o
4/27/2006 c1 13kirsten was
this was really cool, i like your style a lot
4/19/2006 c1 8JamieBell
Well, that was absolutely perfect! Too bad I'm reading it on a Wednesday, I could've used reading this on Monday-it's just so adorable. Joel is lovely, lovely, and lovely and I want to hug him! Maybe I'm an exclamation point type of person too! !-!-! Hehe. The characterization was wonderful and very thorough. And under 10 words, that's amazing! Great, great job!

Always,Margaret
4/10/2006 c1 21tawnyfawn
This was really, really great. Really. ^^;

And I loved the beginning 'I do,' which wasn't the typical 'I do' and more an 'I dozed.' Which you already know... But still, I thought it was clever! So kudos.

"He’s cute in the geeky, skinny, Jewish way..." He already sounds awesome. But seriously, I liked the characters. And considering how short the story was (under 10 words isn't much) you managed to pack in quite a lot of characterisation. I felt that I had a real idea of what the characters were like. (And I don't think it's possible that I could have sounded any more wanky in that last sentence... "I felt that I had"... Puh-lease.)

And I loved the boss Sheila, she was hilarious. "Her life seems like one big exclamation point." I love it when people's personalities are described with punctuation. Like, when it's pointed out that somebody talks constantly in itallics (because it's a teenager-ish thing to do). Though, maybe I shouldn't really find the biting comment about Sheila so funny... I think I'm probably one of those exclamation mark people, too.

And I thought the ending was good, with the 'I do' kind of running with the non-marriage/marriage theme. And Joel was so adamant about the fact that it was just a date, not a life-bond, or whatever. But still, good stuff.

Anyway, I thouroughly enjoyed this short story (as you can probably tell from my rambling and non-sensical review). Two enthusiastic thumbs up! (There I go, exclaiming again...)
3/29/2006 c1 2eve-maiden
awesome your a good writer! thats funky how you had to start it and end it with i do. keep up the good work! :P
3/28/2006 c1 WickedMe
A really great, light-hearted story to read. I have read so many tragic, angsty, and depressed ones that this story is a breath of fresh air. It makes me feel a lot better.

The character Randy reminds me of my math teacher in middle school. Gosh, his breath was so horrible that even if I didn't understand a math problem, I absolutely refused to come anywhere near him. **Shudders. A very unpleasant trip down memory lane.

Awesome story!
3/12/2006 c1 8xorememberox
this is awesome! i'm at the edge of my seat wanting to know what happens next... keep it up!
2/23/2006 c1 6Strider Hunter
This was a very entertaining story, short and poignant but able to capture a slice of life between two co-workers. Hopefully Becky will be able to own up to the choice she made. The line "Her life seems like one big exclamation point" was priceless!

Very well done, please keep up the fantastic work!
1/6/2006 c1 1bongogirl
I like it! I really think you have something great. Please continue! I'm waiting for the continuation or whatever that word is (ha ha).

bongogirl
10/10/2005 c1 5baditterbunnyqueen
How did I miss this? This is absolutely adorable. I like Rebekah's attitude. Definitely Monday morning in corporate America. Joel is a cutie too.

You accomplish so much in this little piece, and I care about the characters right out of the gate! No small feat there.
7/13/2005 c1 melissajm
The story is O.K.It is kind of boring in a way
7/7/2005 c1 Need 'n' Know
What happened to Randy? Rebekah and Joel phased out once they started talking about "them." Ahah! Randy... oh, that's so pitiful! Half the room is knocked out - lol! And that Sheila - suddenly, "All right, then!" Geez, where'd THAT pop up?

Great li'l challenge!