for Fiction Ratings

9/19/2012 c1 anonymus
why are kids under 6 "not allowed" to read this post
why not rate a post with a Number or two (adviced minimum age, expected age of reader [younger ones are allowed to read that but a story written for 52 year adults is mostly boring for 8 year old children])
6/16/2010 c1 4Love2read765
Ugh this new system bugs me just a little. I didn't really get it but this helped a lot, thank you for that(: But I mean my stories are all rated teen and they aren't meant for younger kids, but they aren't like "he f*cked me, she f*cked me" stuff, there is swearing sometimes and some mature content. Just a question though, I also have a second account with my friend and we are writing together...what would be the limit to mature content description if we decided to put any in either of our stories? This is the thing that confuses me. If someone could let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. (: Thank you.

-Love2read765
12/3/2009 c1 1bubble332
soo true! okay I havn't been at fiction press for long...I was confused about the rating system and couldnt find anything that could help me understand it..Thanks for your help!
8/8/2005 c1 Clio Mayson
well, when I started, this was the rating system there was but I don't like it. I may sound stupid, but its hard to decide what to rate my stories. I would recomend the stories I write to a bit older children but I have to rate them at a lower rating because there is not a whole lot of language and stuff. I probably sound really stupid but I just wanted to express my opinion. I did like the story or whatever you wanna call it.
8/1/2005 c1 Mbwun
I like it better, since the last system was jacked from movies. The British one seems even better (and is less demeaning to the lower-rated works), but whatever.

The problem I have is that, despite havnig ratings, FP still won't display M/R-rated material unless you ask it to. Punishes the authors who write more adult stories.
7/16/2005 c1 59Unfairy
I agree, the old method I am familiar with, because I am a movie goer. The fiction rating system came out of NOWHERE... Gods, and I can't stand the QuickEdit either...
6/25/2005 c1 2Destron
It could be the MPAA have a copyright on those ratings? Or maybe it just works better for written fiction? Since, unlike in a theatre, there is no busboy to watch out if you're too young to read this story and there is no parent to hover over your back wondering what you're reading, there is nothing to restrict you. Saying something needs parental guidance or totally Restricted seems moot. A description of the content is the best design fictionratings.com could come up with, I suppose.
6/5/2005 c1 11Enigmatic Huntress
I get your point. It doesn't really make sense why they changed the ratings people were used to. I'm from England also so I had to adapt to the system. But it was pretty simple. Still, who knows why they changed the ratings? People are going crazy lately. You are not allowed to read, write or say certain things anymore, you get sued for the slightest thing. Yeah, I have issues. Anyway you raise a good argument for not changing ratings. If they reverted them back, though. That would confuse everyone again. I just hope they stay the same and fiction.press does not introduce a whole other system. Luv Kaitx
4/10/2005 c1 David Stephen
Lmao - Kat this is one I read when you first posted it. It makes me laugh that you thought so strongly about it to write this! But go you! Unfortunately, FictionPress won't change the ratings, I don't think, until ones they think are better than the ones they have done. Fictionpress is american right? So unfortunately for us Brits, it is actually presidented, in the fact that the company is american. BUT i miss the old system too! ~DS~
4/6/2005 c1 9Just Jenita
It's not like I posted anything before the change, but I agree with you, it was better when you get to compare it with movies and stuff like that, and when the system is familiar.

Although I suppose you could compare it as K/G/U, K+/PG/PG, T/PG-13/12/12A, M/R/15, and MA/NC-17/18, but i did like it better when they used the other system.

~j
4/4/2005 c1 17TrueToMyself
P.S. MA isn't allowed, I heard...
4/4/2005 c1 2Beran
The new rating system has been adopted because it is more relevant to fiction. it's as if someone took the Canadian rating system (which is almost the same to american, just more leiniant) and made it for the written word. and MA isn't allowed on fictionpress by the way.
4/3/2005 c1 27HuRt-AnD-Al0nE
I completely agree! I hate this new rating system.
4/2/2005 c1 Kiki
You are so right! those are too complicatd, it was so much easier with the old ratings cuz most of us have seen movies with those ratings all our lives, so it's easy for us to determine what the right rating for our story is, the new fiction rating systom is just too new to everyone, so its so hard to figure out what the right rating is .
4/1/2005 c1 Rach
HI!. I have to admit I am still a little confused about the new ratings did you know that they are using them for fanfiction.net too.

another thing I just spotted you know that you have to be at least 13 to get an account here and fanfiction net well how come they got a rating for 6+?

anyway good work keep it up

see ya