for Changeling

3/27/2014 c3 Fangirl
awww
6/6/2013 c3 4R. Ficst
Loved the story, very cute ending.
5/29/2013 c3 Depth-of-Field
Oh wow, this was great. I love how you kept the reader (me!) in the dark about Lovel's actual nature and how you well you portrayed his other-ness. It's totally believable that he was raised as a subhuman wolf-thing and that he doesn't know it. I love how he slowly "becomes" more human and falls in love and gains friends; I love how much he wanted it to happen and how he didn't really recognize it happening when it did.

I also love how believable Kolya was. He was cruel and malicious and careless about those he controlled-but it wasn't a purposeless evil. He also fell in lust with other people, had an inflated opinion of himself, and fell victim to misunderstanding the nature of those he controlled.
8/21/2011 c2 2NormaJean Beausoleil
i love this story. it was great the first time, and it fun the second time too!
4/29/2011 c3 NormaJean Beausoleil
wonderful story. i only wish it had a non-lemon resolution scene, something between the "last chapter" and this winter addition.

but it was a great read and very entertaining and well thought-out. the twists were great. bravo!
12/26/2008 c3 10Andra Sashner
I read this story all in one go; pardon me for the lack of chapter by chapter review. I thought the story was engaging and well constructed. Your plot had good substance to it; none of that flimsy netting to cover a romance. You had a real villain and some good characters as well:

Lovel was an easy character to sympathise with; his inherent good nature was instantly endearing but his touch of wildness, that predator side to him, made him vastly appealing. Sort of like a Bad Boy, misunderstood and beautiful at it. I have to admit that his inner journey in figuring out his feelings for Chase was a lovely one, I really enjoyed that since it gave his character real solidness.

Blaise was a good touch. The slight nastiness I knew lurking there, the hints into his own savagery, really came through only in Lovel's perspective and thoughts but I had a good enough picture of him to like him. That he loved Roslin was a humanising thing for me, made it easier to like him more. And the friendship he ended up cultivating with Lovel just made me respect him.

Chase seemed a little shaky as a character for me but I did like his role. He struck me a bit as a tamed playboy (mostly from Garnet's comments) and his choice to be undemanding with Lovel threw me off a little so I didn't like that too much. I thought he would at least like to charm Lovel and make Lovel come to him -but he didn't even realise the little wolf actually did like him. I sort of thought he was observant, given his line of shady profession, but nothing. Ah well, I suppose love is blinding then. All in all, I still thought he made a great character.

Lanyon was such a sweet little thing, it was almost funny that he ended up with such a playfully dangerous character as Garnet. Those two were amazing support characters. Roslin was a fine touch (I forgot to mention earlier) his somber loss and straining spirit were easy to sympathise with. Now, I don't have much to say about Kin, but I did appreciate the view Lovel had of him. And being a dragon was just a lovely little touch at the end... I'm hoping that it's at the bottom of that dragon's stomatch that Kolya met his end.

Mostly, it was a lovely story and I am so very glad that you gave it the ending that it deserved. To have our two leading lovers take some time off and figure things out at a most satisfactorily slow pace really won me. Seeing their interactions and reactions was just a giggle for me.

In the end, the only flaws I found with this story were the few extra words here and there, probably remnants of an edit. Your character-perspective narrative is better than I have seen on FF and I must say that writing consistently from one character's perspective is a very good thing to practice and do... and you do it well.

Thank you very much for sharing this story and I hope that this review works for you.
3/19/2008 c3 4frolic-horror
It was a very nice story and I absolutely loved the last chapter. I didn't expect Lovel to be the seme, though he was an alpha wolf so it didn't seem inapropriate either (extra points for this :P). Also the whole hunt-big-prey-for-my-mate was so cute, especially when the mate in question had bought roses for him that he tried to eat (more extra points).
9/2/2007 c3 5Kathleen Moon
such a beautiful story, I'm really enjoying your work :) I love how realistic you make your characters and the story
3/8/2007 c3 5Lady Psychic
This was a well written and enjoyable story. I liked the names that you gave the characters.
2/27/2007 c3 3D. Empress
Love it-would be surprised at myself if I didn't since all your stories I've read so far are excellent. You tendency to give your characters names that reflect them in some way is great-names should be more than a bunch of pretty syllables stuck together.
2/18/2007 c3 6the sacred night
I like this epilogue part best, because it was the most creative. It felt more like reading you rather than reading your paraphrase of someone else. You might have just started at the end of the book and gone on from there, really. You could've made the story complete that way.
2/18/2007 c1 the sacred night
I think this is too much like the book to qualify as original fiction, although maybe it diverges more in the coming chapters. It has appeared to diverge somewhat around chapter nine, but up until then it's just like reading a summary of the book, which is kind of boring after you've read the actual book. Even if it does diverge more, I'd say it still doesn't qualify as original fiction, but maybe fanfic.
6/1/2006 c3 Ionai
Wow, I really liked this! Very well done, and the plot was really interesting. I have to admit, I thought it would turn into one of those "O, werewolf-like creatures making with the tons of furry lovin'" stories, where there's no point to the story other than borderline beastiality sex. You surprised me entirely by actually having something worth reading^_^. I know you're going to want to strangle me for my next comment(I know how hard it is to write that much!), but it almost seemed too short, and I was begging for more. I can't wait to read more of your stories now. Great job!
6/9/2005 c3 tmelange1
This was a marvelous epilogue. I was almost as frustrated as the two guys :-) Kudos on a great read and thank you. It's a shame this story has come to an end.
6/9/2005 c2 tmelange1
Great story! I enjoyed it immensely.
22 Page 1 2 Next »