for The Cinder Rebellion

10/7/2006 c2 2qtpie235
aw, this story was going good! please say you're continuing it!
12/1/2005 c1 Anne B
Hello Jessica, as promised many days ago, I have printed your Cinder Rebellion and read it at my leisure. I think you have some promise as a writer; I suggest you keep writing, submitting, and reading other authors: Margaret Atwood comes to mind, as does Ray Bradbury-the master, Angela Carter as well. Oh, my, the teenage angst, so real, but perhaps not necessary for your story line. Good luck. AfB
10/27/2005 c1 Anne
Hi Jessica, Your father alerted me to your writing site when he stopped in the bookstore in the galleria. I am intrigued by your adaptation of the traditional Cinderella story. At this point I have not read the entire text, because, horrors of horrors!, customers come in and ask for assistance-and that is why I am here, of course. So I am interrupted frequently, and am reading sporadically. Since I am old, navigating my way through getting Cinder Rebellion printed so that I can read it on the RTA homeward bound has been a challenge. Once I master that, I will write a decent, and perhaps coherent review. Looking forward to reading in entirety, Anne B.
6/9/2005 c2 kemiztri
Wow. That was really good. I was reading G-Go's bio and he recommended reading this fic, so here I am.

He's right, it was brilliant and original. It gave me something to think about. If you do decide to make a longer version of it, please let me know so I can read it again.
6/5/2005 c1 G-Go
Um...wow...just wow. I originally came here because your fanfics are mostly 10'th Kingdom and I don't even know what that is, so I figured I'd just be lost... You know, between this, the hijacked dessert story and the excellent scene where Frued interviews Othello, you have some seriously original ideas fused into previously existing works. And this one especially. When I read the synopses about a sci-fi Cinderella, I expected to read the type of story any other writer would have done; take the same elements and set them in outer space. It amazes me that an idea based on a fairy tale can be so packed with originality. "Clockers": brilliant. The (glass slipper) I.D. tag, the "Madam"... all ingenius. And the M.I.C.E. concept had to be my absolute favorite. Your writing is flawless. Descriptive abilites are perfect. I would have said "Brown Hair and Blue Eyes", you wrote "Mahogany" and "Ocean-blue".

"Fuschia" and "Cyano"? Perfect, just perfect.

I am genuinely impressed, and frankly, that's not easy for someone to do.