for White Chrysanthemums

7/19/2006 c1 12Kurt Wagner
the only thing i do not like about this poem, is the last sentence. It doesnt give the poem enough finality. Its almost as if you are opening up to a new idea. Besides that, the rhythm is pretty intact, it flows nicely.

Well done.
6/8/2006 c1 44Toothache
Oh my. Chilling.. but... I don't know. I feel strage when I read this poem. But it's very good, I must say. Actually, it's better than very good. It's great.

"Her soul turned inside-out one day."

That is awesome. It's my favourite line, and it suits it to be the finishing line to a fantastic poem. Keep writing.
6/27/2005 c1 22Cinderblock
I like it. Whispers of Emily Dickinson. Pretty and thoughtful.
6/16/2005 c1 Cellar Door Mongrel
sad. but pretty.
6/6/2005 c1 75Hsoj
nice, it really gets you thinking
6/4/2005 c1 36Amrun
I like the impersonal detachment, ie "my father's mom." Calling her something like "grandmother" would somehow have detracted from the feeling of the poem. I LOVE the last line.
5/30/2005 c1 81Greg M. Schumaker
Very Emily Dickinson. "Her soul turned inside-out one day." Awesome.
5/21/2005 c1 35The Fourth Fate
O... chilling. The rhyming adds sort of an ironic cheerfullness. I get the deep sadness though. Call me crazy, but it almost makes me think that maybe when your grandma died (if this is true) you were tryin that false cheerfullness, trying not to seem so upset, but really you were desvastated. I love poetry like that. It gives such insight into a person. If that's ^^ not true then I guess I'm just pyscho...:)
5/10/2005 c1 6Nobody-n-Particular
Interesting, I must ponder a bit.
5/10/2005 c1 156ShadowPharoh
beautiful.

SP
5/10/2005 c1 26BestSkeptic
This is quite good, despite the rhyme scheme that I don't normally enjoy. Anyway, well done. Give yourself a pat on the back; most of my reviews are terrible and/or rude.