for Tattoos and Piercings Research Essay

5/28/2005 c1 1
"nowhere noted that 16 is the legal age to get pierced and 18 to get tattooed with parental consent" Do you mean without? I would hope someone 18 doesn't need parental consent.

"Alot" should be "a lot," a common mistake. If you did know this and your keyboard's space bar doesn't always work (like mine)

I am pretty sure that with technology today, laser surgery still leaves a scar of where the tattoo was.

I don't really hear about it anymore, but supposedly there's some places where people can get their tongue spliced so it's forked like a snake's. Any comments? (of course, this doesn't really go with your research)
5/27/2005 c1 33Tiefling
That's a well written, balanced essay. It could use a little proof reading though, as there are a few careless mistakes. You mispelled 'artistic' in the title.

'These people are of course, our parents.'

It's not *just* parents who don't like the idea of piercings and tattoos. There are quite a few people who don't like them, and sometimes go so far as to dislike people with them. It's always seemed silly to me, but they exist.

'vandleize property'

It's 'vandalise'.

'a lost friend or conrad 'That should be 'comrade'.

'Healing time for an ear lope 'That should be 'lobe'.

'when hippies travelled to India and brang the idea over to the West.'

The word is 'brought', not 'brang'.

'its a piercing that everyone seems to gawk at'If they can see it, which they don't unless you keep poking your tongue out.

'In order to have a safe piercing is to make sure that its in the middle of the tongue, between the two main blood vessels to make sure that you dont have any nerve or blood vessel damage.'

It depends on the person. Some people can have them further back than others, and some have the veins in a slightly different place. Also, pierced tongues heal a lot faster without the bruising if you have a piercer who is skilled enough to do it without using forceps to clamp it in place.

'Also teens who get the body art done, are required to take after themselves.'Do you mean 'look after themselves'?

One of your references seems to be missing.