for News

11/6/2018 c1 lover of books21
i feel the heat break in this poam
3/19/2006 c1 124in theory
Shame about you losing your pen name/identity, I remember you from ages back.(was looking for you about 3 weeks ago and gave up after totally failing, I thought it was the search playing up) but yeah anyway.

the last line, so perfect (and I'm from UK, London 7/7 was sore..) nice job.
3/16/2006 c1 27Hax Rook
monkey,the brevity is appropriate. the rhymes are neat; the middle bit lumbers a bit though.you have a 'self'-rhythm across all your poems i like.if you wanted (here's betting) you could make another "news" today, and tomorrow, and the next day...
1/30/2006 c1 41sarah1491
Good poem.
9/13/2005 c1 23La Gitane
Good poem, though I'm curious as to what our 'victory' was.

Actually, if I'm honest, I was rather thankful that most of London kept its head, and didn't go flapping around like chickens. It struck deeply, but the reaction was ...sensible. God, I'm gonna sound cold-hearted now.

I think the merit of this poem lies in its simplicity. Sometimes, not going overboard with reactionary emotion is the best...
8/4/2005 c1 23Aerials05
The London bombings were horrible-all that carnage, I just don't understand why someone would want to destroy the life of a fellow human being. I especially liked the last lines. Kind of ironic that they rhyme, isn't it? Our world today is rife with suffering.

~A05
7/30/2005 c1 24Moonjava
I've herd of the bombing in England from a friend of mine, and that's just so horrible. It just sickens me what some of the evil people will do in the world to hurt others. The last line I found really creepy and prophetic.
7/27/2005 c1 David Stephen
What can I say? You have a particular way with words, Ms Denman-List. X
7/26/2005 c1 76eden is burning
Beautiful but horrible, not 'cause of the fantastic writing obviously but 'cause of the subject. x
7/14/2005 c1 6Nobody-n-Particular
The last stanza echoes so sorrowfully.
7/13/2005 c1 3WhisperedVoices
Wow. this was really well done. i'm really impressed. oh this has just made my day!
7/11/2005 c1 arcane devices
powerful and truly inspiring. -ADD
7/10/2005 c1 52godsandstars
o i like this. not my normal type of poetry, but i actually like this. seven, eleven...hm i think they planned that!
7/10/2005 c1 11Poetrybay
Very Good and powerful. I love the ending of the poem as well as the beginning.
7/9/2005 c1 63PoliticsMan101
I was on the road with my dad since he's a truck driver. Well we were waiting for a load in Iowa, so my dad decided to turn on the tv. He turned it on the Iowa news and all of a sudden they were talking about 9/11. I was like huh? Then the news said there was a terrorist attack in London and my heart basically stopped. I cannot beleive in the small town of London there was an atack. I cannot wait to become President. I will make sure this crap will stop! Very good piece!
25 Page 1 2 Next »