for Marching Band Is Not a Sport

11/10/2014 c1 flutegeek314
Yay! Go marching band! I love this story, though it needs to be updated. I myself is in marching band. I'm a freshman and man did it caught me off guard the first day of band camp. It has been fun though, and I'm sad that marching season's ending soon. Anyway, back to the point, love this and please update! :D
11/3/2013 c2 2MissieMaroo
I believe that I must disagree. Marching Band isn't a sport. It's surpassed simple mindless running around like football jocks in a Roman-esque Colosseum into the realm of an art that only few can master.
I'm in the Guard, and I just got done with my senior fall season. :( Super sad that I have to leave behind all my little brothers and sisters in the band, especially my buddies in the tuba and flute line. I've always admired you guys for how well you can control your lungs while you march and still look bad-ash. It's kinda the same in Guard, except it's dancing. With props. :P I personally consider the guard to be a part of the band, though!
Keep writing. I'd work on beefing up the first chapter. Add some more monologue-thought line. And possibly some of Tim's own thoughts. I'd be intrigued to hear his disdain, and if I weren't in Marching Band myself, I don't think I would understand Paige's utter fury.
BTW, best way to piss off someone in Guard is to call them a twirler. We don't twirl, we spin. Twirling is for Majorettes, and they're extinct out here in the Western US.
Thank you so much for publishing!
Missie Maroo
4/24/2011 c2 7darthmarth
This is great, but... it needs to be updated!
11/10/2010 c2 1Jewls306
One of my good friends goes on about how stupid band is and this just made me think of him! Hahah! I totally agree w/ you. Marching band is a sport!
12/5/2007 c2 5guardgurlXOXO
good job so far! im interested 2 c where this goes! i thought i was the only one whos actually writing a marching band story. one bit of advice; adding a colorguard would b nice, lol! we work JUST as hard!
10/23/2007 c1 5Kaggr
I have to disagree with you. Marching band ISN'T a sport. It's way too hard. :)

I hate it when people are like "Marching band's so easy! :B" It's like "- - then YOU go do it!"

Wonderful story. :) Too bad it hasn't been updated...
8/17/2007 c2 Majorcrush
Amazeing i like it!
3/4/2007 c2 a
i can't wait for the rest of the story! i think it's going to be great!
2/1/2006 c2 44catching-falling-stars
ha the first time i ever got sunburned was freshmen band camp. ah good times! update soon. i really like it!
2/1/2006 c1 catching-falling-stars
i loved it! makes me long for marching season to start again. it was really great! never stop writing!
1/21/2006 c2 1Library Bum
Nice. Teach that idiot a lesson. Hurry up with the next chapter...please?
1/16/2006 c2 1Provence
I was pulled in by your title as I am one of those who have lost all sense of sanity and am looking forward to my eighth year of marching band with great anticipation. I was laughing at parts because it mirrors what I know so perfectly. Can't wait to see how Tim fairs. I so wish I could stick it to some of those who have told me marching band is not a sport, see how they fair during preseason drills and what not.
1/16/2006 c1 Clair
Its cool to see someone writing about marching band and how hard it is, everyone sees it as a "wose's" sport. Keep talkin for the band people outthere!
1/16/2006 c2 2SSSSS
Alright, so I haven't actually started reading yet. I will in just a second, but first I must explain the way I am now reviewing. I make a list of critiques that I spot as I read; and I may sound a bit like a smart-ass when I point out certain things. Just a warning. Just know that like any other review, this is not supposed to be pffensive.

1) "till" should be 'till.

2) "...she back marched(,) then pivoted(,) and moved left." Could use a few commas, I put them in ().

Well, this is turning out to be very interesting. I can just imagine the kind of torture Tim will be going through.

Tschau,Sam
1/16/2006 c1 5Dustbunnys13
Hey I'm really liking this. I'm also a clarinet player in band. And you are right, it is really tuff to be in marching band. People don't give us half of the credit we deserve.
21 Page 1 2 Next »