for Sussex Lord

9/21/2005 c1 6Green Beret
Nice poem. I must admit my ignorance as to the words "Sepulchral", "Lich" and "fiefdom", although the last one looks like a Del Boy trying to say Thiefdom.

Good work.
9/7/2005 c1 69this is britt
you know, if I read this anonymously, I would have sworn it was written back then. it's quite a feat when you can achieve a time piece poem. those are hard. once again, I come alive through your descriptions.
8/16/2005 c1 7gingerbeer
Wow, new word! Lich... I went to Dictionary.com and there was no definition for it, but several compound nouns like "lich fowl" and "lich gate." What is lich? Definitely something to do with death?

Yess! Old English! I didn't know the verb "to try" in French also existed in English! What a brilliant way to be historically acurate in speech!

I also noticed that this can apply to both the Wessex invasion (thank you dictionary.com!) and the Imperialist age. Gawd, I love your poems!
8/16/2005 c1 1k+Faithless Juliet
I really love this; the subject of this man, long dead but obviously very much alive in many minds. It was wonderful, I was hooked on each word.Keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.