for Hiring a Hooligan

7/6/2014 c9 Percabethgirl2645
Dang. I've been reading it as Raw-fay the whole time. -_-
7/6/2014 c5 Percabethgirl2645
OMG I love Suril and Jane's grandma. And Jane and Rafe... Too cute!
7/6/2014 c1 Percabethgirl2645
HAHAHAHA, omg, Jane is hilarious.
6/1/2014 c14 Guest
Amazing I loved the story totally made me cry so heartwarming and touching
5/25/2014 c13 Kitty
This is something I'm a little sad that no one picked up on. Unless I've misinterpreted it myself. But if I did guess correctly, I can also imagine you're a little said people missed this too, and instead assume that Jane is simply "really nerdy." Jane has some type of mental disability, right? Whether she is autistic or she has Aspergers, it's never outright said. That's partially why she's so damn smart. High functioning autistic people tend to be insanely smart in a field. But they don't understand social cues or how to act "normal." They'll do "gross" things that no one else can understand, like chew their hair an wrists. And the fact that you wrote a romance novel on a mentally disordered girl is so beautiful and perfect.
Kudos to you, because you pulled it off perfectly. When readers come here for romance novels, we like cliche plots where the protagonists are beautiful, smart, able. But Jane was so achingly real. She wasn't perfect. She had pimples, she did gross things, she was disgusting in a way real humans are. And at first I was put off by that. Rafe was real too. He wasn't a hunk of a man; instead, he was freckled and cute. I wasn't sure I wanted to keep reading, but I chose to and God I do not regret. I am so thankful I did.
You're a beautiful writer for being able to sell a story portraying real aspects of an autistic (?) girl. We, the general reading public, are the schoolmates who react to mentally disordered kids with disgust and apprehension. So we should have shunned your story. But you sold It to us. You do what published authors wish they could do: show not tell. You show us that Rafe is really popular and hot. You show us that Jane isn't "normal," rather than telling us. You show us that Rafe and Jane are falling in love. You show us character development and depth.
It was great and well done and mind boggling, this story. Every character was out of this world /weird/ yet so real and 3 dimensional.
Kudos. Props. Bless your soul. You are a talented, /gifted/ writer, and please never stop writing.
5/20/2014 c13 4purple-wolf-howl
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO AN EPILOGUE! I love this story and want it to continue!
5/20/2014 c1 Tanya
Hey! I absolutely love this story and I've been here to read it many times over. I was wondering if you could email me the story so that if you ever take it down I could still read it? I know that's strange because you don't want anyone to copy it, but I have no intentions of doing so and everyone already knows you're the author anyway. So if possible, could you email me the story? Thanks!
tcesar 2817
I love youuuu!
4/28/2014 c2 Guest
This is my down time, rainy day, need a study motivator. Finally, a love story where the 'girl gets the guy' without having to change to fit his realm. They're both disgusting, adorable, completely unique, and role model individualists.

I shall always credit you, Deena, for this hot tale, and will share it with others so it can be further appreciated. Best of luck to all your future writings!
4/5/2014 c14 Guest
Well done. Just read the whole thing. Dismayed about your work being stolen. Hopefully it has been pulled off Amazon by now and his butt has been whooped, but if not I will go over to Amazon now
4/2/2014 c14 loving this
I actually really loved this story even tho I didn't understand half the shit that Janie was saying.. They make a good couple.. a nerd girl and a bad boy.. perf coupling..
3/31/2014 c3 Fan
Such a great fic! Totally hilarious and quick paced!
3/28/2014 c13 Lake Effect
Arggggh oh my God, this story is AMAZING. Janie is simply adorable and Rafe...ah, I just love him so much. :DDD Seriously, you did an incredible job, especially with all the science-y lingo ;P The chemistry stuff will definitely be valuable though, haha.
I have a feeling this is the most quotable story I've ever read. :D
3/8/2014 c14 8Annalynn Roe
Great story, I absolutely loved it. I'm really happy to see the story's still up (considering I was a few years late getting to it) and even happier to see Pratt's page got taken down. Love your writing, and definitely going to check out your other stories!
3/5/2014 c13 Atomic Works
Great story I loved it even if I didn't understand a single thing about the math it was talking about. History was always my best subject in school.
And thanks for pointing out that Green Day, Good Charlotte and Billy Talent is not punk rock music in chapter one. I don't even know who or what Billy Talent is and don't plan on finding out. Pointing out the pretend punk music made me laugh. It reminded me of a lot of kids who would make fun of me because I listen to Iggy Pop when I was younger. Anyways great story and keep up the good work.

Sincerely yours, Atomic Works
3/3/2014 c2 Guest
This is hilarious. Characterization is exactly how I picture a crazy honours student to act! And you seem like this could really be you doing these funny things based on the author notes! I love it! Keep up the good work with this unique writing and strong, funny lead characters and you could really publish your own novel for money I bet!
2,359 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »