for Hiring a Hooligan

9/16/2013 c5 Guest
I'm mondo surprised that you don't know all the science-y stuff Jane blabs. You had me convinced you were a science nerd. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
9/15/2013 c1 MarilynBaby
I haven't read any original stories in so long that it's amazingly refreshing to read something that I think is book material. First chapter and I'm already hooked even though I don't get a lick of the science-y stuff. You should look into having this published, seriously. It's THAT good.
9/14/2013 c14 Kylie
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I tried searching for "Hiring a Hooligan" and Andrew Pratt on Amazon and I couldn't find it, which means it's probably been taken down. It really sucks that your work was plagiarized, and hopefully you can take legal action against him. It might be hard, since your work probably wasn't copywritten, but I hope some good can come from this horrible situation. Again I'm really sorry this happened because I love your stories, and I hope the best can come out of the terrible situation.
9/12/2013 c14 smtho
I couldn't find your book on Amazon, so I'm hoping this means you've resolved this issue! What a horrible thing to happen! It must have been years now, but I remember reading this story and thinking what a quirky treasure it was to stumble upon. You deserve so much better for all your hard work, and I do hope to see this published under your name some day.
9/8/2013 c14 Momochan77
This story was freaking awesome and I didn't understand half the science and mathematics that Jane spewed! It was EPIC! And screw who ever stole your story cuz its just pathetic to steal a story! Obviously he's got no creativity so he just takes someone else's! I say whatever cuz I know the truth!
9/4/2013 c14 Just a stranger
Wait, WHAT? Does this Andrew douche bag have an e-mail? Because I have some things I wanna say to him. First of all, why in gods name would you copy someone else's work? I've been through this bullshit too many times. You don't know HOW MANY of my favourite authors have had to take down their work because of inconsiderate jackasses who don't even have a PINCH OF TALENT. And god, I'll be real sad when you take down your story. :'( Gonna cry me a river. :( But I hope this issue get solved and if you do get his e-mail, post it on your story because that little as swipe deserves some criticism.
9/1/2013 c14 Ranilyn
I am upset to hear that! I hope this matter resolves for you soon :( These people ruin it for everyone...all the good authors are getting threatened by people like that and I'm sad to see it happen again. T_T I'm also devastated that I won't be seeing you post up anything anymore and to see your stories being removed! I was sooo hoping you'd update Lucas' story and maybe extend the series to the other characters! I've loved this series - especially once I started taking Calculus and all of Janie's random tangents actually made sense and I caught all the jokes she had with Lucas. Noooooo...I'll miss it.

*gusty sigh* And I was so excited to get a notification for an update from you. Ah well.

I don't suppose you'll put it up as an ebook yourself? _ 'Cause I'd buy it to keep a copy. Seriously! I'm a a bit of a nerd and my sister and I had too much fun reading this through high school. Lemme know if you do? Or if you've found a secure friend-locked website to post your writing and wouldn't mind another reader, send me a link?

Ah well, good luck with everything! And I hope you keep writing, even if you do so privately. It's nice to see another Canadian out there! XD (Though I'm Singaporean-Canadian). Btw, as a Canadian I LOVE the multicultural feel you add to all your stories - the nice variety of ethnicity in your characters really makes it feel like school and entirely relate-able! Particularly Canadian love (I'm an Albertan myself! And LOL at the -10 sunbathing reference XD) and Marrying the Vitch...I may not be Hindu, but ohmyfreakingoodness! I CAN RELATE. Seriously just substitute Navleen's mother with an Asian one.

...oh my...didn't mean to write so much :P Thanks for reading this message that got really out of hand. Lemme know what you plan to do with your stories!
8/31/2013 c14 pastelcolors
I just read all of this and I lovelovelove it when I begin to adore the the male character.
Rafe is simply adorable.

I searched up "Hiring a Hooligan" and it's not there! It's probably been removed already.
D: Ahh. Well, if you think removing it's best, then alright.
I'm happy I was able to read this story though, before you remove it. It's so sweet and the first chapter was absolutely hilarious.
8/30/2013 c14 use.less.woman
I hate to hear that. Please consider selling on amazon. I love this story. When i need a silly laugh i come back to read this story. I have probably read it 10 times.
8/29/2013 c14 3palmsaresweaty
Hey - I just saw this. Thought you would like to know that I can't access the amazon page where he's trying to sell it. Yay! Does this mean justice is served? Mayhaps but total annihilation would feel so much better.
8/27/2013 c14 SaintNis
this means you're not going to finish marrying the vitch... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I hate that person who stole your work :(
8/27/2013 c14 jaja59
What? :(( I hate plagiarism. You would be taking down your stories like the rest of the good authors here at fictionpress. It makes me sad. :(( I wish that you would at least finish some of them at another site. Now worries we your supporters would definitely put a stop at this Andre Pratt guy.
8/26/2013 c14 xEchoxInfernox
Holy crap, i can't believe someone whould do that! He's selling it?! That's disgusting!

No worries dude, i'll go flame him or report him, probably both.

Sucks that you are taking down your stories, cause they are seriously some of my favorites, but i understand why you would want to.

Good luck with everything :)
8/26/2013 c1 2dany-ceres
I'm so sorry to hear about the plagiarism. And that you'll be removing your stories! I'm also sad that I wont get to read the end of Lucan's. I've read and reread both of the sotries a couple of times annd am terribly fond of Jane and her logic and humor. I went to flag the story on amazon but it was removed already it seems. Best of luck!
8/26/2013 c14 579Dill Wilson
I have seen this story so many times on other people's favorites list. It is extremely disappointing that some jerkoff had the gall to claim a story as his own. Deena - I would plead with you NOT to take your stuff down. You can't control what other dickheads do but that shouldn't stop you from expressing yourself or letting others read your stuff. You are a veteran FP writer and the site will be less without you here with us. Please reconsider! (And good luck getting this situation resolved with Amazon. Hopefully, Pratt will be shamed into oblivion).
2,359 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »