for Of Ace Bandages and Cotton Penises

10/20/2012 c3 1Claire Whitmore
Wow, I'm really intrigued by your story.
Why did you have to sign the contract?
10/28/2010 c12 3FakeFortune
I really liked this, it was good to hear about your experience. I'm transgendered (I hate that word, but not as much as I hate transsexual) and, well I dunno, I don't find it hard to admit it to myself, but I don't was to make any sort of transition until I leave school (I'm in year 10) but my girls clothing and long hair is really starting to piss me off.

I find that choosing a name is pretty hard too, I can't decide between Louis or Shay, but I think I'll go with Louis, it suits me more. Also, I love the awesome spelling of your name, and I can't decide whether to spell it Louis or Louys. Eh.

Do you pass well? I'm concerned that if I do cut my hair short and wear boys clothes, I won't pass at ALL. Grr.

But yeah, I hope your having a nice autumn/winter.
6/15/2010 c5 4Lady-of-the-Pharaoh
Hey!

I'm obviously not through all the chapters you've posted, but I just HAVE to say something. I'm going through (for the most part) the same stuff you have, up to this chapter at least. I now identify as an FTM, though that's a very recent development in my life. I'm attracted to mostly gay men, but there has been that odd woman or other who I've thought was hot. I even came out to a couple friends as lesbian not long ago - right before my FTM identity let things fall into their proper place.

I also went through (and I suppose I still am, lol) tons of emotional turbulence. I never took on any particular way of expressing my depression, like you did with cutting and attempting suicide. But i DID go through a year and four months at a residential treatment facility (like a group home, but more structured) and have had a therapist for the majority of the time since I was 6.

That's just to name a few things that we seem to hold in common. In reading your posts, I'm telling myself about every two seconds, "That's me!" I never knew until about a week ago that my gender identity was affecting me so deeply. I can fall asleep earlier than I ever have been able to. I would stay awake at night, fantasizing about what it would be like to be my favorite (male) character from my favorite anime.

Anyway, sorry it's so long. I could go on and on forever about this kind of thing. Like you said at the beginning of this chapter, I like to think, about anything and everything. So I'll shut up now, lol, but I guess I just wanted to say that I hear you, bro. I can empathize with practically every word you've written so far. Take care and feel free to message me, for any reason. I'm happy to talk and, of course, make new friends!

Later. xD

~Alex
11/14/2007 c10 99The Cowardly Lion
LOVE IT so far.
9/1/2007 c14 Account no longer used
I accidentally clicked the review button. I wanted to say that it would've been nice to know how you were doing right now. And also, I'm sorry that these reviews sound so lame (at least to me they do) but your story made me think and I'm all emotional right now and it stops me from thinking clearly ;)
9/1/2007 c15 Account no longer used
I really enjoyed reading this (maybe enjoyed isn't the right word, but well, you know), and could relate to parts of it, though not everything. (I'm still confused when it comes to my identity, especially about the gender issue).

It made me sad to find out that you haven't finished this, but I understand because writing isn't supposed to be a chore.
5/3/2007 c8 6Boys For Sale
Dude, I totaly relate.
5/3/2007 c7 Boys For Sale
Seattle? For real? Sweet. Me, too.
5/3/2007 c6 Boys For Sale
I can relate, in a way.
5/3/2007 c2 Boys For Sale
Very interesting!
1/10/2007 c4 150SpawnMeister666
I'm going to come back and finish this off in the next couple of days before submitting a full review. For the meantime I'll just say that its very well written, and I look forwards to reading the rest of the tale.

Spawny
12/17/2006 c15 13plinia
you reviewed mine, so i'm here. & i guess now i know why you felt strongly about what i wrote.

it's so powerful reading about something like this yeah, and i admire your spirit throughout the experience - it's overwhelming i guess; and something that i've never gone through before. reading it just whacks me hard on the head.

i wish you all the best in life. (:

- plinia
11/21/2006 c14 7warriorboy
this is good, dumb thing to say because this is your life but, man, it's good. Because it's not the story that people get to here often enough, but i feel like it is one more people than we realize are living...well, to some extent. i know i am. are you going to finish?
8/5/2006 c14 14Confused Yellow Stallion
This story/your autobiography is amazing, I noticed you haven't updated in a few months, PLEASE update, I feel like I can really relate to what you went through, alas, I am only 15, but I still understand the feeling of not being accepted by parents/siblings. It's inspiring that you put your story up online, I'm sure it took a lot of courage that most people don't have.

Confused Yellow Stallion
7/22/2006 c14 89write25
It's a rare occasion that I actually read an entire story in one night, especially if there are this many chapters. However, once i started reading this, I couldn't stop. It was amazing. At our GSA (which sounds like nothing compared to yours...our prez doesn't believe in bisexuality, which is slowly driving me and the other bi girls (and boys) away, but anyways) we recently discussed transsexuality, and i realized that i didn't know anything about it. A friend recommended "Luna" by Julie anne peters, which pretty much cleared up all my confusion.

Reading your story gave an entirely different perspective. It was well written and thorough, and i found it very moving. I'm not sure if this is strange or anything, but i want to applaud you for sharing your story with us, as well as having the strength to tell your friends (and family?)

One last thing, Coming Out day...i love it. I found out about it last year (2005) and that morning i went to two friends and told them I was bi, they both said something to the extent of "yeah, so what else is new?" I've never really been "in the closet" so my friends came to terms with it the same time as I was. So far I have not told a friend and had the incidence of them disliking my orientation. My family does not know yet (in the sense that i have not told them) but i think theyve figured it out on their own.

This has certainly warped from a review to a random discussion, but to end this I would like to compliment you on a well written autobiography so far, to wish you strength and good luck in the future, and hope that everything works out.

~mariah