for Through The Cracks

7/9/2006 c1 59Sacred-Phoenix-Nephthys
Hey! Long time no talk! This was so sad, and im sorry u have/had to go through this *hugs* Neways, like other ppl hav sed, u are SO brave for putting this up on here...and it has touched me! Keep writing, dont ever stop^_^
10/12/2005 c1 18Son Of Evil
Another fic going on favs. That old saying: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never harm me". Utter bollocks.
10/5/2005 c1 8ValkyrieRavenfeather
OMG, I feel so sorry for you. I had to look up the disease on Google to see what it was, and it looks horrible. I know what it's like to be an outcast-I have a hearing disability, and a lot of people think I have an accent because I pronounce words incorrectly. As I frequently tell my friends, "I can spell it, but I can't say it." After eight years of speech therapy, my mother finally forced the school to stop putting me through it. The problem wasn't that I couldn't form the words, it was that I couldn't HEAR them.

As a result of all of this, I had to make friends with other "outcasts." Most of them were Special Ed kids. It sounds to me like you are very intelligent and you should never have been in Special Education to begin with. It's a shame that some people, as you put it, slip through the cracks. I've been more fortunate, because when the schools tried to say I was below average and that was the reason my grades were bad in 4th grade, my IQ test scores suggested otherwise.

Most colleges require an essay about something you are passionate about for entry. Perhaps you could send something similar to this in. After seeing something like this out of a student, special ed or not, I know I would have to let them in.

Now that I've ranted my heart out, as you may find I'm prone to do, I wish you the best. I would love to see some of your work published somepleace other than the Internet. If you ever publish a book, I know I'll buy it. This was wonderfully-written.
9/24/2005 c1 141AllyCred
this is very well written...well done.

lots of love~AC~
9/23/2005 c1 6relletyrots
Wow, you must be really brave to be able to say all this to the world.

I, too, hate the world 'label.' I've been labeled only too much, not for the same reason as you, but for something else. It happened for a long, long time. And even today, the whole "label" idea is just horrible.

I agree with you that words do hurt. I was talking to a friend about that, and we agreed that despite the saying "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me," words do hurt. A lot more than sticks and stones can. To me, physical wounds heal - but words probe deep into the mind, feeding on your sanity, and hurting someone psychologically has much more disastrous effects. Well, that's just me.

Overall, a good expressive piece.
9/22/2005 c1 14method acting
It's brave of you to write your story. your honesty amazes me. Very beautiful, straightforward, but in an excellent way. Lovely job.

PS-I adore the violin, I've been playing for about 7-8 years now. It's wonderful, it's grand that you like it, ieven if you can't play.

Cheers'
9/19/2005 c1 2zeusfluff
Wow! What a great story! I enjoyed it. I know what you mean. I was in Special Ed too my whole life. People did look down on me too. My disability has something to do with mental. Don't exactly know what but that's okay. Hey, if you're interested check some of my stuff out. Check out my profile. I'm zeusfluff. Just type it up in search when you have the time.

~Melissa~

Aka: zeusfluff
9/18/2005 c1 168SeaVoi
Well I am sorry! Lol, I don't know what to say, how about this:

Good Writing

9/18/2005 c1 8bookworm17
Hey, I wanted to say thanks for your review. I didn't mean to imply childhood was easier, god knows it isn't.. but there is something pure in childhood that gets taken away. I see it happened early for you (as it did for me also). I just wanted you to know, eventhough I have no idea who you are, you are NOT stupid. My sister has a learning disability, and I have never once considered her slow. I'm sorry that you've dealt with so much pain. Hopefully, you will learn to embrace your differences. Keep writing, it'll save you from this crappy world! :)

Hang in there, girl.
9/17/2005 c1 35Infinity Plus One
Wow. Powerful stuff. I liked it. I am sorry that you have a learning disability, but you seem to be gaining a good foothold by teaching yourself stuff. Well done.
9/16/2005 c1 65Aquafied
really now, i feel ashamed of kids who make fun of others, for any reason at all, there isnt one, thats why i dont get it.we are all different, and all those cliched words.

i am not too sure of what to say, other than yeah, that really sucks.I am sorry you had a bad experience in school, but your writing is so amazing, it shouldn't have to matter what anyone looks like or talks like.being afraid of difference never got anyone, anywhere.

thanks for sharing your story, i am sure that wasn't the easiest thing to do.
9/16/2005 c1 41Suicidal Skies
This is beautifully crafted, real and I can hear your voice laced through-out this. ^^ I do hope you continue this.

Thanks for the review )
9/16/2005 c1 132mizu no kokoro
wow... a powerufl piece... as most written works are when they come from real life experiences~ Great job~ it takes an awful lot of courage to do this~

keep writing!
9/16/2005 c1 90poetic abortion
*hugs* you are so brave Mooney. I mean it. *hugs* T_T

~* noelle
9/16/2005 c1 16Thornberry
Wow... Very good. Lotta emotion.I like it alot. Hmm... Now I need to find out what the hell that syndrome is. *Really, cuz I've never heard of it...*
16 Page 1 2 Next »