for Definitions

10/12/2006 c1 871no.peace.los.angeles
The description in this is wonderful. Everything just comes to life. I really like the first line, and then I can just really see the men with coffee cups of Styrofoam. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
10/7/2006 c1 41sarah1491
nicely written. good use of vocabulary, it works nice with the poem. :)
3/7/2006 c1 Galadh Niniel
Interesting, very unusual and well written. The many details you give of the statues etc really allow the reader to see the whole scene in his/her mind.
11/13/2005 c1 237classic violet
Great ending. A very good poem, indeed. Thanks for your review!
10/9/2005 c1 6Gilee7
This is my favorite. I love the imagery, especially in the first stanza. I didn't even get this piece, but yet I really loved it. It's deep, too deep for me to comprehend. I don't really understand the last few lines of this piece, but who cares. This is a very good poem.
10/9/2005 c1 13Jecai
More human than human? My impression is that the inanimate and constant elicit a sense of meaning personal interaction can't. Styrofoam as an insulator... Overdose seems to pertain both to the narrator and the men. Fondling rocks can be seen as excessive, as can their uncomtemplative existence.All of your writing is technically excellent. You don't seem infatuated with vocabularly or structure for their own sake; the words are a finely honed vehicle for meaning. I think you would do equally well in longer prose.
10/8/2005 c1 132mizu no kokoro
your words hold certain deepness~ the message in this was great~~ good work

keep writing!
10/5/2005 c1 6Nobody-n-Particular
I love the contrasts and mixing of seemingly different things as in the intimacy of warmth and life with the cold and concrete of marble
9/25/2005 c1 612simpleplan13
really cool... i love the first stanza... very interesting
9/21/2005 c1 Martin Peterson
Excellent. The picture is simple yet neatly done, love the ending.

Matt
9/20/2005 c1 156ShadowPharoh
very intriguing (if i spelt that word right). i really enjoyed reading it. fantastic job!

SP
9/19/2005 c1 50Chandra-Moon
I love this! Your descriptions are so sharp..and I love the phrase "life gets itself explained."

Excellent, keep writing.
9/19/2005 c1 60Lovejoy
DUDE! that was intense. I loved the way you refused to end the 'sentence' until the end of the stanza! And your description, your 'definition', your words just made the poem so imaginitive and inspirational at once. This was a truly excellent read! I don't think you can improve it at all!
9/19/2005 c1 63lackluster
reading your poetry(and reviews) really has this impact on me, that you actually know what you're doing. few writers here are even that serious and i admire that. really, you can't say less than perfection for this. i love the little bits and pieces, imagery, the flow of it, the idea itself. second stanza is the better one, in my opinion. brilliant.
9/19/2005 c1 124in theory
"Greekroman" I love that idea. This feels solid, concrete in tone and format. I liked it a lot.
21 Page 1 2 Next »