for Peter Pan Syndrome

3/23/2013 c1 1Daliah Valley
This is so true. I'm only in high school and I already don't wanna grow up. Sure, being sixteen is cool. I can get a job, get a license, buy things online, but what I really want are those innocent days. Crayons and paper were enough to keep me busy for hours. I could talk to my Teddy bear, spill out my deepest secrets (which usually weren't that deep amyway,) without being afraid of being judged. Of course, all teenagers want to be independent. I do, in part. I want to move out an live my own life, but at that same time, I'm so scared. I'm not ready for everything that life has sprung upon me and I am not ready for what will come next.
9/22/2005 c1 Espanca
When I read your story I cried. I totally identify with you, especially at this time. Right now, I'm leaving my parent's house, my hometown, I finished my studies and now I'm considered a "young adult". I'm going to work to another city that's very far and I can't stop crying at night wishing that i could turn back time and be a child. Your story helped me at the point that i'm not the only one feeling this. When everyone is trying to get independence i'm trying not to get it. Because i don't think i can be out there in the world by myself. Thanks for your story. It inspired me. Reliefed me a little bit.
9/18/2005 c1 16Winged Creature
I just want to say that I loved your essay and that I can totally relate to it. This essay was well written.
9/18/2005 c1 24Moonjava
I like this. I don't think that I was ever hit with the the “peter pan syndrome” quite badly as you. But then I had often looked forward in looking up. 'Cause I wasn't all ways happy as a kid to begin with. However, I have a lot of friends who went through it and it was easy to tell. I still have some favorite things from my child hood. That I could just never toss out and pretend wasn't there.

I'm not sure if I can agree that being a kid was easier. With personal experiences and such. However, I get what you are saying. I really do. Very well thought out essay and well organized. I like it.