for Southern Decadence and Hurricane Katrina

7/24/2007 c1 12The Hellequin
It's basically very simple:

America (as great an amazing as it is (there was a hint of sarcasm there)) just can't deal with something happening to it. There's something unreal about something so destructive about Hurricane Katrina that seems so unreal that people just can't believe it happens. In that state of mind, they'll turn to the things they dont understand and hence, hate.

It's very easy to blame things on homosexuals (I'm not saying I do, believe me, homosexual people are actually nicer to have around than norma people, and I like them better) and black people, and every other minority that has been the victim of prejudice in US.

Apart from that, its people's close mindedness. I don't know how you can connect um... a Hurricane to sinning and homosexuals (if God really had sent that hurricane to stop the 'sinning' would heh ave sent one to the whole world?) and say that it was God's will.

Strange. Anyway, I just wasted a lot of words and I really just wante to say this: I feel ya. I got that email and I very nearly punched my cat.

PS: I like your writing. :)
1/5/2007 c1 scarletquillraven
Question: If Repent America is so Christian, what makes them think they can put some else down? It's doesn't make sense. As a Christian myself, the idea of such an email made me sick. I've looked in my Bible, and it only seems to say that it is bad when two people of the same sex sleep together. It says nothing about hand-holding or other small signs of affection being unholy. Bad wheather has been killing people for years, no one can blame it on 10% of the population. I've met very religiuos people who also happen to be attracted to people of the same gender as themselves. This essay was very persuasive and intellegent. Good job poppit!
11/1/2005 c1 7Elphie Thropp
Well written. This theory really made me mad too. You seem like a very independent and confident person and that's great that you know who you are! (And by the way, I'm straight but I'm very pro-gay marriage)."Love thy neighbor", right? Keep it up!
10/11/2005 c1 58Ellie Maxwell
See my comment on what you said in the reviews for Gay Guy Blues. By the way, nice essay. You make a good point and the arguement's fairly strong too.
10/9/2005 c1 Rachel
I totally agree of course; it's silly to say it's the gays' fault that a hurricane occurred. Some people are so stupid. I love how you throw back those retards' comments right back in their face. You've totally broken their logic, which is hard to do with people that radical. Bravo. I originally saw your review in one of SilentBlueRose's works (and that's how I came to read this) and I have to say that I think she's stupid as the rest of them. Nigga and Max Krugman's reviews made little sense to me...I can't tell if they're serious or not. Anyway, good job.
9/28/2005 c1 6SilentBlueRose
Yeah, since all Christians hate gays and blame Katrina on them. Please, don't be so stereotypical.
9/27/2005 c1 Nigga
Chaos theory: lezbos munching carpet in San Fransisco can cause a hurricane in tha gulf.
9/26/2005 c1 4John Stein PhD
"The militant Christian group Repent America blames the death and destruction on this festival."

Just like they blamed gay New Yorkers for the 9/11 attacks. I'm sure God does enjoy destroying America, and it always seems to be because of the gays. We all stopped taking Pat Robertson and his wannabes seriously a long time ago. I think it's time you do the same.

"Katrina was a tragedy beyond all words, and it was the fault of no one."

Actually it was. George W. and Dick Cheney had to put their Sith powers together to create this one.
9/25/2005 c1 1Formerly
Hey, if those faggots stopped having all that gay buttsex everything would be good, Hitler would stay in his grave, and the lion would lie with the lamb (which would probably produce a really cool-looking creature with large claws and fangs, and long curly fur).
9/25/2005 c1 ValkyrieRavenfeather
Sadly, it was NOT a joke e-mail. Thanks for all the responses. I am a Christian; I will say that honestly and without shame, but I will never disrespect anyone else for their religious beliefs. (Although if you're taking anti-gay ideas from the Bible, I have proof that the scriptures commonly quoted are incorrectly interpreted.)

Thanks to everyone who said they would delete the e-mail. I really appreciate it. I am currently trying to get this essay spread over the Internet in response to Repent America's e-mail. I don't think it's fair that I, among others, am being blamed for the destruction of New Orleans.

Whenever tragedy strikes, someone always gets blamed, often for ridiculous reasons. When Germany was in a depression, people blamed the Jews, and thought nothing of allowing Hitler to kill 6 million of them. When illnesses started occuring in Salem, Massachussets, people blamed "witches" and burned them at the stake. Now a hurricane has killed thousands of people, and they are blaming the homosexuals. When will the cycle end? How may more lives will be lost?

Again, thank you for the kind responses. I am extremely grateful.

-Kat
9/25/2005 c1 12Cougarphoenix
If people could, they would blame my cat FLUFFY for hurricane katrina...

They're just diluded...

But yeah, i'm kinda living proof that you don't have to live by "God's way" and not be smited. After all, i don't even believe in the christian stuff. And furthermore if he did go so strictly with that stuff, why isn't EVERYONE smited? After all, the christian religion isn't the oldest of religions, why didn't he "correct" the others?

*sigh* Just kinda dumb to claim that stuff anyways. The true "cause" of hurricane katrina is the f*#%ing weather, nothing more, and nothing less.

*blows party horn unenthusastically* woot woot for america

*honk*

Seriously...that just shows how stupid people are when it comes to religion. If there can be a scapegoat, there will be a scapegoat...

Maybe i should make a blasfamous fic... *ponders*

*shrugs* eh... probably get blamed for hurricane Rita...

Email me if u ever want to talk.

CPhoenix
9/25/2005 c1 33Tiefling
Was it a joke email? I have to hope so, unfunny as it is and despite the fact that some people took it seriously.

'You can’t tell me that all those innocent children killed by this so-called act of God were such great sinners that death was the only solution!'

Well, if you believe every word of the Bible is the literal truth, then God indiscriminately smiting large populations over the sins of a few is nothing new.
9/25/2005 c1 15No Trust
The LAWD woiks in mystehwus wez.
9/25/2005 c1 9jessyxyz
Wow...it's ridiculous what people will blame for causing Katrina-one anti-abortion group claimed that Katrina was sent to destroy abortion clinics.

Anyways, good piece of writing. Keep up the good work! ~Jessica
9/25/2005 c1 6Toni Berthelette
yeah, don't listen to that. I'm a devout Catholic and I think that blaming homosexuals is the stupidest thing every. Hurricanes happen. It was no one's fault. As you said, if God had wanted all homosexuals dead (He first would not have created them to be homosexual if He hated them...so he doesn't hate them...) he would just snap his fingers and they would all die or something...lol I don't know, but I don't think God would have killed thousands of innocent people for a few sinners...even though being gay isn't a sin. Okay enough rambling! I'm hyper ^_^ okay great essay, if I get the e-mail I'll delete it!

~*Toni*~