for A Word of Advice

10/6/2010 c1 16non.graceful
fair enough... i get what u mean; don't waste your time thinking of horrible moments or bad memories bleh bleh bleh... nice words for advice (thumbs up)
7/6/2010 c1 22effervescent-sentiments
Oh. Love. Fucking Confucius, girl.
4/19/2009 c1 Isca
What a brilliant haiku! :D
12/4/2007 c1 62Oracle of Destiny
This is quite a powerful haiku and I really like it. Personally I think its meaning is that you shouldn't focus on the past as they only hold you back and that you should look to the future :)
7/3/2007 c1 11xDancingintheRainx
Wow. Powerful piece. I love the meaning. Definitely something worth remembering. Excellent advice and excellently written!
5/14/2007 c1 174a silenced revolution
Good advice. What this seemed to say to me was do not succumb -drown in the quicksand - to trivial negatives - knee-deep sorrows. That was just my interpretation, and perhaps that is not what you intended. Either way, great use of metaphors. Nice work.
11/10/2006 c1 3Da Vinci at Work
Nice Haiku you got there. Any chance that you might be writing more poems?
8/23/2006 c1 109ADSpencer
Nicely done. Very insightful. Keep it up!
6/5/2006 c1 6Count of Casualty
This is good advice. It's telling people to not let life get them down, am I correct? Nice work. :)
4/14/2006 c1 56from beneath the bell jar
I love the image this poem portrays - very cool. By the way, thank you so much for your very informative review of my poem Tears for the Sun. I fixed the things you mentioned, so thanks.
4/3/2006 c1 5Heatless Flame
Here now is the loyal member of Review100, to annoy their popular leader with CC!Good, follows the classic 5-7-5 style. And it actually has a theme, unlike much haiku today...Excellent advice: you clearly send the message that you should always pick yourself back up. Excellent work, commander!And quicksand is a metaphor for sorrows..like how you added that for slow-minded people like me! ;)By the way, could you check out my story, "The Adventures of Visice: Heroic Villain" to see if it is worthy to add on Review100 thing? Thanks.
4/2/2006 c1 breezy nostrils
good advice and very symbolic. nice work.
3/31/2006 c1 879Moondog Dozier
So true. Good haiku.
3/20/2006 c1 A Beautiful Nightmare
Wow. Such simplicity yet with such deep meaning. It even keeps the syllables intact! W00t. It really annoys me when people step away from the traditional methods of the haiku. Once in a while, it may be okay, but most of the time, it really doesn't do good. Oh, yeah. Thank you so much for your constructive criticism. I really enjoyed! Honestly! You are really perspective and I love that! I just edited my story now with the help of your advice. No complaints from me. Hehe. If you don't mind, would it be okay if you do this for all my chapters whenever you read them? It really helps me. I'm serious. You are an awesome editor. Thanks!
12/13/2005 c1 127Eirien
Good advice, and wonderful image. If only it was always so easy to listen to this advice... *sigh* Anyway, impressive haiku.
28 Page 1 2 Next »