for rooftop

12/31/2005 c1 237classic violet
I am insanely in awe at the perfection that is this poem. This is beyond spectacular, this is a gem of a poem to be treaured forever.

I've never heard "Tidal" by Fiona Apple, but as I was reading it reminded me of The Virgin Suicides kind of.
12/11/2005 c1 52AboveTheSalt
this is intensely deep, painful, personal, beautiful. definitely fiona-esque. i love the repetition tying the end to the beginning, the personal metaphors only you would understand (unless widowed november and rooftops should have some relevance to me). this is really a beautiful piece of art and despite however many people on this site might agree with me, i don't mean that any less.

-salt.
11/20/2005 c1 68this is britt
I KNEW IT, you were listening to Fiona. I enjoyed all the little references. They made me feel warm and fuzzy and I expanded with love for Fiona.

God, I'm sick and crazy. Anyway though, I loved it. Really. Enough to steal it and then use an alias like TREE ZOMBIE OF DEATH to post it at some other website.

Jess, you never should stop writing. it'd be a sin if you did.
11/19/2005 c1 28Narcotic-x-Poppies
i love love fiona apple, great write here keep at it!
11/18/2005 c1 164outruntheavalanche
okay, this is me erasing my previous comment right before i clicked "submit review" because i. can't. think. of anything coherent or useful to say. except that this is beautiful in an achingly cold sort of way. you know, a bit like the ache you get standing in front of the freezer section at the grocery story too long. (you = probably only me)
11/18/2005 c1 79miss lavender
beautiful.

excellent..

other great praises..

i'm just- whoa.. this was great, i'll have to read it again..

-lav
11/18/2005 c1 90poetic abortion
beautiful, beautiful poem. oh god I just love everything about this. especially; "autumn-edged caress", "distress like a harlot's red wined lips passed off as bitemark bloodstains" & "my winter gives away to widowed november" because they were just so beautiful.

~* noelle
11/18/2005 c1 4365475476858
you never cease to amaze me. your wording is so indescribably perfect somehow - "as i reached out against the swollen clouds and touched his breath inside the cigarette smoke" - amazing imagery &description. YOURE AMAZING AND TALENTED AND BEAUTIFUL PLEASE NEVER EVER STOP WRITING.