for Mario : The Man Behind The Hat

5/30/2006 c2 126lili brik
http:/everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=639624

about as hilarious as this.
12/26/2005 c4 9SapphireIris
It's funny because it's true. You were right, I don't see Mario the same way. And I laugh at my own stupidity for not noticing this before.

-SapphireIris
12/7/2005 c4 1Formerly
Be careful with what you write, Creature of the Fire! Because, y'know, this just might be offensive to Nintendo fans...

And I knew, somewhere deep in my heart, that Mario was a Republican to the bone. I just hadn't realized it yet.
12/7/2005 c4 27Typewriter King
Is “Christian a synonym for “stupid” at this website? Urameshi’s review seems to indicate that.

Shigeru Miyamoto is very conservative by gaming standards, but it’s worth noting that there isn’t a Republican Party in Japan. The major right-wing party in Japan is actually The ‘Liberal Democratic Party,’ a pro-capitalism consortium, and is headed my PM Koizumi, the guy that looks like Richard Gere. Actually, Mario himself is neither American nor Japanese, but is Italian, and I don’t think Italian-American, like Alito and Scalia.
12/6/2005 c3 5Wolf E. Urameshi
...

When you think about it, a lot of the things you say make a lot of sense. This is a very good article, and I like how you looked at real-life situations and historical events to compare Mario.

However, I must disagree with each and every part of it. You must either be very Christian or must REALLY hate Mario to have written this. For example, Mario is a racist? Pahlez. You said it yourself: They're monsters, they would be like the enemies of a kingdom. Bowser (it's with an S not a Z) would be something like Goliath and Mario would be David (I know, corny example ubt it was the only way I could think of to explain my point) and so on. Firstly, everything you said WOULD be true if the series were in real-life and broadcast in TV. However, it is FANTASY, NOT REAL LIFE. Second, this is videogames we're talking about-of course children will like it, and besides, they don't really 'die.' They survive in the name of good fun. And lastly... Be more careful with what you write, although I can't question your judgement or your points of view. I think this will be very offensive to Nintendo fans.

Other than that, this is a well-thought article and is good for debating. I'd like to read it when it's done.

PS: I think it's a bit too short to be called Essay. I'd call it more an article, but meh, they're just ramblings. LOL.
12/4/2005 c2 1Voronwe
I must admit that this is one of the funniest things I've seen on FictionPress.

-V
12/2/2005 c3 15Radyn
Mario is also environmentally destructive. He not only harvests excessive quantities of the rare and important fire flower species to further aid him in his systematic genocide, he also takes special pleasure in capturing wild Yoshi eggs and domesticating the resulting hatchlings for his own use, in effect removing an important second-tier consumer in the Super Mario Land food web.
12/2/2005 c2 1Formerly
Holy shit, you're right. Fortunately, I sold all my Mario games years ago.
12/2/2005 c1 Sarasa
Guess I should've checked out the author before I reviewed the essay.
12/2/2005 c2 Sarasa
There's no z in Bowser.

Nice essay, but I disagree with it.
12/2/2005 c2 7ku
very interesting. i think you may have read too much into it though.
12/1/2005 c2 23iknowthethirdthingaboutpoetry
Ah. Informative and much reading, but you worry too much about things normal people don't really pay attention to. :p

Bower doesn't need to feel unloved; I use him all the time in Mario Kart. :D