for Mother of the Machine

1/26/2006 c6 8Zygnus Windell
How fortunate I was to stumble upon this! I guess having a lot of time off from exams, as well as having too many problems to think about, led me to read some fiction and I decided to read some of your stuff. I wanted to start out on something fresh and new that I wouldn't be too behind on so I chose this... Here's my review so far.

Excellent. The first chapter is disturbing enough to draw the reader in immediately, maybe out of disgusted curiousity. The mysticism of the secret society adds even more questions to it, setting up a nice, intriguing, atmosphere. Finally, "Zeno Phanes" is undeniably hilarious. How can you not like a character who poses as both the Overman and Cthulhu? I was laughing out loud for the entire first half of the last chapter. Also, interesting history, makes for an ugly future setting, which, inturn, makes for very good story.

Anyway, I'm adding this to my favorite stories list and to my alert. Looking forward to reading more.
1/26/2006 c6 Some Guy
I noticed the refence to the Necronomicon, which I was impressed with as few people are familiar with Lovecraft's work but the paticular emphasis on 'even death may die' reminded me it was a Metallica lyriic too.

Otherwise, this chapter and the rest of the story are quite good. I've enjoyed your story, paticularly some of your takes on modern ideas; and I look foward to seeing where it is going.
1/25/2006 c6 Arkash
Aha, tentacles instead of fingers. They could be more useful.

The MSC has a twisted history, ah, and the death camps.

CC: You have 'smoke' 3 times in the first paragraph.

".. he proclaimed, [his] voice echoing in the room."

Clones and slaves and cybrids-wonderful chapter. I like Zane, btw. Keep writing. *_*
1/21/2006 c5 5Corpsman-of-Krieg
Nice chapter, as usual. Short, but to the point. I'd give a lengthier review, but it's 1am and I haven't slept in nearly two days.

CK
1/18/2006 c5 2Ian Eller
Wow. Just...wow. I LOVE sci-fi/supernatural stuff, and this looks like A material. The quasi-cult "meeting," the machine man, and especially the knowledge of weaponry the author displays - great stuff! My only gripe? It seems a bit...forced. Moves too quickly; feels TOO structured. Obviously it's supposed to move like that at this point (he IS being put through a test), but it still feels...unnatural. Other than that, it rocks. Hard.
1/17/2006 c5 dreamshell
i'm liking the progression of this story. very Asimov-meets-Herbert, if you don't mind the comparision. the Machine God concept intrigues me, as well as the innerworkings of this organization. the characters are all interesting and worth getting to know better. i like the little references to mythology and philosophy, i hope there's more. ;)
1/17/2006 c5 Edcrab
Hah, classic line! Although it occurs to me how often *I've* used psionics as a plot development... (walks away quietly)

What I really love are the cult's observations as they try and see whether he fits the necessary criteria. It ties everything together, and obviously references the "steps" the Machine had in the sequel...
1/17/2006 c5 Arkash
Hehe, Conni already accessed his personal info.

Ouch, ouch, ouch; psychic powers are for bad sci-fi and corny horror.

CC: "With that, Daniel [went] exploring." missing 'went'.

That was interesting. I'm curious how Deniel will pass the next test.

Good job! *_*
1/12/2006 c4 Edcrab
Just in case I'm being too positive recently... yeah, some of these chapters are a bit too small!

But mostly I'm here to remind you that this is well liked and WE WANT MORE. I need my dose of Machine backstory already!
1/11/2006 c4 5Corpsman-of-Krieg
Hello again. Nice chapter you have here. Its good, if a little short. But it makes for a nice, quick read, rather than an involved 40-word chapter. Keep it up. I look forward to hearing more about this CotMG cult.

CK
1/7/2006 c4 7Skyrunner
Nice story. I really liked how you gave the people thier own distinctive speech patterns, it made them very beliveable. My only complaint would be that it seems like some of these chapters could be combined rather than broken up like this. That's just my opinion though.
1/7/2006 c4 Arkash
How cute, his stuffed animal. Anf of course a handgun.

Ah, my hubby owns a desert eagle. Not very accurate, I hear, but it packs a big punch.

I like Grizzly, and coon name for his gun.

Good chapter-Keep writing. *_*

Just uploading the platform cht.
1/5/2006 c3 Alnitak
Argh! - Early morning is not a good time for me to review. Only one eye was open. I just saw all the spelling mistakes.

Sorry about that. *_*
1/5/2006 c3 Arkash
Col chapter, I love the conspiratorial undertones.

Hehaestus class-the god of fire would approve.

Interesting sect, the Children of the Machine God. *_*
1/4/2006 c1 Edcrab
Great opening... and yeah, the hunters do sound vaguely British.

Mostly I'm just glad there's another Machine story up!
35 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »