for How Sweet and Fitting

1/22/2010 c1 Leon Trotsky
I love Wilfred Owen. And Siegfried Sassoon too. Sass is awesome. Anywhoo, concerning your story, I thought it was quite awesome.
3/26/2006 c1 126lili brik
an excellent depiction of the same theme in another form-it's hard to make something ring as true about something unexperienced as someone else who HAS experienced it, but i think you pulled it off very well nonetheless. it does seem morbid to say it's a beautiful poem, doesn't it...but it is, in its own morbid, tragic, truth. it has special significance for me also, resonating as it does with my view of warfare-
3/24/2006 c1 8Lord-of-Fools
Wonderful. In that dreadfully depressing way, this was wonderful.
2/24/2006 c1 HistoryLover
I enjoyed your portrayal of the poem. It seems this poem is quite common and liked in this section. Anyways, really nicely done! Brava!
2/18/2006 c1 24wind up car in motion
rereading that poem i realize just how more striking it is the second or third time around - i love your elaboration on it, so to speak. giving the characters backgrounds really adds some depth to it i think..you did Mr. Owen justice.thanks for the review on my story, by the way. in regards to the title i wrote the story before i read the poem, and i thought it fit. i feel like i sort of gave my own interperetation on the phrase rather than the poem itself.i hope to read more of your fiction - you're a good writer.
1/26/2006 c1 5Brackynn
Oh, wow. This is very ... bittersweet, I suppose. Your writing style is excellent and the imagery in this piece is wonderful. I studied this poem in English last year, and I really liked the fact that you gave this an actual plot instead of just turning the poem to prose. The idea of your main character going home and thinking about Alex and Patrick was a lovely finish. Great job! I love it.

~Brackynn~
1/26/2006 c1 3Kala'har
It was a great little story. I loved that poem, when I read it in History class. I liked how you twisted it to the future and talked about how the soldier used to hear about dragons and such. Because it was an honor to die for your country until WW1. It was great though, it stirred alot of emotion in me. I think the size you chose was good to, to short and it wouldn't have brough the message. To long and it wold have dragged, I would gie it a four out of five!