for Mayday No, I promise we’re okay

Tell me, my dear
Is that you?
Hotkitty
4/24/2006 c1 13Faded Soulfire
I'm thrilled you reposted this poem. There's something about the way the poem is staggeredy and the way that you use the parenthesis to emphasize certain word...that I find myself drawn to this.

It's like a short story. I like when poems tell a story. You're awesome, Ashley. Boy, I have so much to get caught up with between you and Chris on here. I like it. Keep writing poetry. You're pretty damn wonderful at it. And I ABSOLUTELY love your titles. Jeez, you make me jealous.

Andrea
3/28/2006 c1 8lydia is pretty
I know you say that most of your poetry is the random stringing together of (random) words, but you seriously have such a talent for it. I love the pacing of this poem, the way it kind of jumps around quickly.

You make me get out my thesaurus to look up other words for amazing, because I'd had to get repeatitive. But you are amazing, darling.
2/1/2006 c1 22Isis of Egypt
Intresting. In a good way. I liked it very much, especially the title. Very fitting, in my opinion. Keep up the good work.
2/1/2006 c1 6TechEmpath1
This was beautiful. Again, emotion filled, but great! Keep up the great work!
1/31/2006 c1 24she's not breathing
aash! this is kait, just on my poetry account. & i must warn you i can't review poetry. i just generalize & gush & whatever.

i love the references to locations to just keep this grounded. your poetry isn't actually what i expected to see from you, but i really like it. "The factory churns out city maps/ complete with legend and bus schedule/ for free." is an amazing line, & the entire poem moves from one style at the beginning to another at the end so smoothly it's like you barely notice it. & i love what's in the parentheses, because i just like that all the time. & just the way this evokes so much by telling so little - i love it.

~kait