for Selfish People

11/16/2006 c15 9Lyssa O
This was such a fantastic story to read! The [poetic] way you transformed the words into a picturesque syntax left me awe-inspired and envious.

Your characterization was very complex and instilled various reactions in me to the various characters. Of course, I cheered Victoria and Luke on like the proverbial couple-cheerleader I should be. Their relationship wavered from vicious to facetious to endearing to finally true, and the rawness of that gave their unconventional romance more merit. I guess it's the fact that they were so alike and so opposing that made them work so well. They had the embers in the hollow and clandestine hearth between them that it took some nudging and make-out sessions (which, by the way, were marvelously written =) ) for them to finally throw in the pages torn out of their metaphorical romance novel.

Haha, quite the figurative person I am. But really, spending two hours on this story was well worth the read.
11/11/2006 c15 LethargicLove
Over already? Aww, it's so sad to see a story end. In my opinion, the ending was a little abrupt, you know? I totally wasn't expecting the story to end right there, but the ending itself wasn't bad. I liked how you didn't end it with the stereotypical "I love you", instead choosing to say it in a much more subtle way.
8/24/2006 c2 1DuchessYappingDog
I've been to Columbia to visit once. The CORE CURRICULUM scares me. xD They emphasized it like heck during the meeting. Ah.
8/24/2006 c1 DuchessYappingDog
Is that SAT score out of 1600 or out of 2400. I'm guessing it's out of 1600.
8/21/2006 c1 Guest
Hey! i like columbia university.
8/18/2006 c15 Swan Queen
BEAUTIFUL
8/15/2006 c15 SkepticCritic
Well...I have to admit, that was a lot shorter than I was expecting...And it didn't end quite how I was expecting...Well, I was hoping they'd get together but not...Oh I don't know how I was expecting it to end...Just ignore me...

I'll say this though...The style in which you write is fabulous...And kinda reminds me of Gary Soto...Not sure why, but it does...
8/12/2006 c15 Agathy
Amazing story. It's the most philosophical piece I've ever read on this site. I love your style- you put words together so well that I'm madly jealous. :) No, really, I found all the allusions and the descriptions of the character's minds and the witty dialogue very impressive. You know, in a way, some of this reminds me of The Fountainhead (I'm not saying you plagiarized or anything), because Luke and Victoria are both selfish people who seem to want to destroy each other at some point in the story. Anyway, excellent job- I really am a little jealous- and I look forward to reading more of your work.
8/12/2006 c15 justanotherdeadaccount
I just wanted to say that I read this whole story from the start again and I realised something: This is the type of story which I can read again and again and never get tired of. I mean seriously, even when I reread the whole thing, their conversations, ideas, sarcasm, it was like a breath of fresh air for me.

Oh, and did I mention how much I loved the ending? At first, I thought they wouldn't end up together because of Lukes obnoxious speech (I was so proud of Victoria's reaction), but the ending made me smile so hard. I seriously love your writing.
8/10/2006 c15 4Liz Inc
Aw, yay! Luke finally decided to suck it up and go for Vee-Vee! Go him!

Hehe. This made me very happy. Nice work!
8/10/2006 c15 243ShadowFane
Aw...Sweet ending...I liked this story. Pity it wasn't very long, but it was good. You did a great job, my friend. Great job.

8/10/2006 c14 ShadowFane
Ok, he is such an ASS. I mean, that speach he just gave? Yeah, cold! Ok, sorry. Good chapter, but I still wanna pound his pretty boy head into the concrete...

8/10/2006 c13 ShadowFane
They just...they just...OMG...Wow...I'm running out of things to say here. It was a good chapter, but I mean, they just...dang...Ok, I'll stop it now. Good chapter!

8/10/2006 c12 ShadowFane
Ha. I liked the 'Ugly please' comment. That was clever. I must read abotu the reception now. Bye!

8/10/2006 c11 ShadowFane
Well, things are definatly getting complicated. Don't get me wrong. Complications make the world go round. But this is...comlicated... Oops. I just said that, didn't I? :) Oh, well. Great chapter...again!

131 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »