for 24 over insomnia

9/14/2010 c1 20diwu6398
The bolded letters, the parentheses, all too harsh and real. I did not cry on this page, but I did cry on your profile. Sadly, I'm quite... ARG I CAN'T THINK OF THE WORD! Um, it means like very soft... it starts with an S. I have the feeling you haven't been up here in a while and that makes me sad. This is some of the best writing I've seen on here, and I'm rather addicted.
5/15/2010 c1 love carved into bleeding skin
kait ... it's alison. xx

i just wanted to say that i will always love the part of you that i was fortunate enough to get to know through your poetry that is truly beyond anything that words could ever describe,

and that i could never forget this. i could never let this go.

i'm not asking for your sympathy when i say what i'm about to say - i just feel like i can trust you with it. on saturday, february 6, 2010, i was raped. and even after spending a year and a half as a born again Christian (i lost my faith after the assault), the pain is so familiar that it leaves me choking. so i did the only thing i knew how - i returned here, to this place, so familiar, to this community that saved my life when i was dying for amber. oh god, kait, it hurts! x it saved my life then, and i am trusting it to save me again. because my life is literally in danger right now, but ...

... you're saving me, kait, just like you did before. your poetry - your incredible a r t - reminds me that there is still beauty and goodness in the world. cory made me lose sight of that.

i'm sorry for ranting. i always did. i just ... god, i love you. you are amazing. i hope you realize it.

you've suffered so much, but you've redeemed your pain into something indescribably gorgeous and heartbreaking that is probably saving lives - definitely saving my own. maybe God does work in mysterious ways. i can't see that right now. i'm too furious, bitter, shattered and raw.

never stop writing, okay? if you'd like, feel free to read what i'm going to start posting in a few days. i haven't written in a while, so it won't be my best, but i figure that if you can save lives through your art, maybe i can do the same by being strong and holding on for the sake of all those who care about me. because this - makes me realize that i need to stay here, too. it makes me realize the unendurable agony that my friends and family would go through if i committed suicide (even though i'm far from worth the tears). i just -

your writing gives me hope.

thank you for that.

you don't know what it means to me.

stay beautiful, kait. x3

love always,

(how could i ever forget you & your words?)

alison.
2/17/2010 c8 82steffxnie
I assume confusion is spelled with a k for emphasis. ;D

'T/here' is clever too. This is simple, great, and effective as well. 'we're the stars screaming as we die.' Very nicely done!
2/17/2010 c4 steffxnie
This is one beautiful piece, I like the tone in this. 'plead silently for me to deny it for you... there is still beauty' Favorite stanza.

'there is still life in this death, when the star are reborn each night.' Very well phrased. You have an amazing writing style.
2/17/2010 c3 steffxnie
The reversed order does make it seem like it is an addiction. I like the way this is presented, it is simple yet cleverly written. :)
11/20/2009 c5 173Little girl Big world
Wow this is great. Great ending with, "the only thing more beautiful than life

is

death."

and I like how you separated is death into it's own stanza,

it made it that much more powerful.
11/20/2009 c4 Little girl Big world
I liked these lines,

"plead silently for me

to deny it for you."

&

"here in this broken place, when i

watch the sunset reflect

in your eyes - there is still power in this haze,

when you glance at me & smile -"

Amazing.
11/20/2009 c3 Little girl Big world
This kind of describes my situation, so I feel I relate to some of this. I really like the styles of theses poems, it will be interesting to see how that changes. This conveys addiction to another person and strong emotions very well.
11/20/2009 c2 Little girl Big world
I love your authors note. & the imagery in this is astounding. :)
11/20/2009 c1 Little girl Big world
I love the use of parenthesis and bolding on the word believe.

Just amazingly creative.
7/26/2009 c24 31freakyAngel
I don't know if you'll even read this, but I have to say it.

It's been quite a while since I returned to this collection, but when I read it again it was like drowning and coming back up repeatedly. Exactly the same thing it felt like when I first came across this.

I don't know what it's like because I've not lost someone dear yet, but I lose so many I could've been dear to and it hits hard.

I can't say for sure that I will ever understand, but I didn't listen to you in the end and I cried.

Somehow every poem, every word is so abstract, yet so comprehensive at the same time. There's something about this collection that cuts and soothes at the same time, and while I still haven't learned yet to stand up after I fall, this will stick to me for a long time. Whether to cut me deep or to help me heal, I'll have to see.

I sent the link to the last poem to my good friend with the hope of helping her heal. It's been a while since she'd lost that dear one, about a month, but I'm praying it will help her.

There is no way of telling if she will hate me for reminding her, but either way I know for sure that there's still something in this that will stick.

If there was somehow a universal language that everyone understood perfectly, one that everyone can feel and not just speak, I would let everyone hold this in them.

Another thing. I don't know if the self-mutilation was a metaphor or if it was literal, but I'm trying to curb this addiction, and your poems remind me there are people who will hurt in ways I cannot imagine if I continue and spiral out of control.

Thank you for everything, in every way. If you do read this, I hope you don't reply. There is nothing you can say that won't make me cry.
5/31/2009 c24 1angst muffin
oh, my god. this touched me on such a personal level. i loved it; it was absolutely amazing. thank you thank you thank you for posting such an amazing piece of poetry.
5/13/2009 c24 145young and the reckless
and this is absolutely beautiful

and heartfelt and gorgeous.
5/13/2009 c4 young and the reckless
ah,

the progression from the bolds in the first stanza,

to the bolds in the third stanza is absolutely incredible.
5/13/2009 c1 young and the reckless
the writing is stunning

and the bolding is fantastic.
218 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »