for pretty plus pirouette

7/31/2006 c1 107ash the arsnist
firstly, i love how you took a ballerina as your subject (as they are generally depicted with such gracebeautypoise) && showed something so much more...raw... "that you could actually be as passionate enough / to actually bleed for something you love)" incredible lines that i think back to often in so many different situations, && in my opinion poetry that makes you do that is an achievement worth arrogance, amazing work
6/27/2006 c1 77by His blood
f u c k, how do you write such amazing, beautiful poetry? this has to be one of my favorites as well, so flawless, so raw and so beautiful, so jagged-edged (yet) perfect. there are some absolutely amazing lines in here that just take my breath away. the feeling just screams and that's what makes it so powerful. heart-wrenching. my favorite lines are: 'and you think it looks like blood/that you could actually be as passionate/to actually bleed for something you love.' perfection. 'best friend/is a memory carved onto this chain/that only makes you work harder trying to forget.' ohgod, that hits me so hard - the words carry with them so much pain and since i've felt so much of this already, it just makes this hit harder. 'when i carved those words into yours/you actually bled, and now a scar remains/(looks like the only things you are passionate about/are things you don't want).' ohgod, how do you write like this? expressed so beautifully and rawpainfully. god ... 'reach into your heart and feel the gashes and scrapes' - that was beautiful, the way you showed 'ashes' and 'rapes', pain within pain. '& remember/only love can heal you/(but you can't bleed for love)' a beautiful ending. god, i love this. your writing is amazing.
5/8/2006 c1 57water lily nymph
very twisted and so full of intrigue - how amazing to show the ugly side of something so well, great job. (looks like the only things you are passionate aboutare things that you don’t want) - awesome line. ~*
5/6/2006 c1 the naked civil servant
(the polish splinters at your pirouettes,

and you think it looks like blood/

that you could actually be as passionate enough

to actually bleed for something you love)

oh my good GOD... that & the last line... so bitter, accusatory, desperate, hopeful, gorgeous & sad. i may love you.
5/6/2006 c1 61Wingless Cherub
I love these cynical little messages. The end lines are always so powerful.
5/5/2006 c1 Queen of Absolutely Everything
it reminded me of all those stories about girls who have to push SO HARD to be ballerinas...poor babies. try living in a third world country where women can't do anything. anyways, i really loved this one. i think it's my favorite.
5/2/2006 c1 131theory of black
I think this is pretty fabulous.
4/25/2006 c1 11les petits bateaux
Wow wow wow. Simply gorgeous imagery, I can almost feel everything. Your ending was creative enough to amaze me. Beautiful.
4/24/2006 c1 79Spare Change
wow.

i like the ashes and rape part best.

fantastic work-you don't sacrifice vocabulary for visual/textual execution.
4/23/2006 c1 4strawberry memories
oh my god, that was AMAZING! what wonderfully strong and brightly colored images you snuck in between your words! wow! I loved the topic, and the way you were able to express your emotions without drawing an outline for your reader.

p.s. thank you for your review!
4/17/2006 c1 237classic violet
beautiful & ever so elegant.
4/6/2006 c1 13Nicole Michele
I love this, all around just loved it.

Great images you used, they burned themselves into my brain.

GREAT JOB.
4/2/2006 c1 a lonely september
ohmygod i love this so much. . . this is so pretty. i love the ballerina theme, and it's just so painful and beautiful all at the same time. i loveloveloveit.
3/29/2006 c1 60dollface and her cancer
Something about just the word ballerina brings to mind a twirling, fleeting image; adding to it, you've written a spiralling, ribboning poem here. "(the polish splinters at your pirouettes". Memorable, strong lines.