for The Salt March: Gandhi's Legacy and India's Pride

12/30/2015 c1 Antoinne Frreya
u said what ? please explain furthur...
9/24/2009 c1 5DharmaGirl07
An interesting essay, to be sure, and the best I have read on this site about this topic so far, but I take issue with a few of the points put forward by you. The salt satyagraha was one of a few movements, and I would argue that it was not the turning point in the struggle for Indian independence. Indeed, after this march, Gandhi became a marginalized figure in state politics and continued to be so until his death in January 1948, less than a year after independence. I would also argue that before the salt satyagraha the Indian independence movement was not a disorganized, aimless affair that was whipped into shape by Gandhi's prowess. Additionally, he was one of many leaders who put their lives and futures on the line during this time period, many of whom did so right alongside with him. It seems as if the whole struggle (and the history behind it) has been simplified more than necessary. Aside from that, I would like to say once again that this is the best of these essays I have read on this website, and for that I sincerely applaud you.
8/17/2007 c1 232Second Hand Screams
This was really well-written, w/ the exception a few very small typos an English teacher might bitch about, and I hope you got an A for it. I'll admit, I don't really remember much about Gandhi from what little we learned in history class, but he was a very influential character in the view of non-violent protests. I've participated in a few marches and other political statements like walk-outs and a very well-mannered picketing, and I'll be sure to keep this in mind next time I participate in another one :) Awesome job.