for Hoax of The 20th Century

4/10/2010 c1 15dbz 77
I definitely loved this story, about the feelings of a Holocaust survivor who skimmed through a book claiming that the Holocaust was a hoax.

I deal with Holocaust deniers on Usenet daily. The Nizkor Project has more information on the Holocaust.
7/4/2009 c1 You Know Who
I did happened. By God it was not a Hoax, As a Jew I hate- no wait pity people that say it was a hoax. 12 MILLION PEOPLE DIED! 6 million were Jews. Over 1 Million were kids under the age 14. Somewhere in those numbers is MY family. I first I thought that you agreed with that goddamned scrap of paper. Bloody Hell I am glad that you are on the right side.
8/5/2007 c1 NessaroseThropp
Wow what a powerful story. Great job.

God bless,

Nessa
8/30/2006 c1 4BlueSaviour15
Best story I've read here yet. Wow. Good job!

This story is so intense, so gripping, so powerful yet so...I don't know what to call it.

Ending is weird though. Is Adina referring to Goodnight Moon as fiction of the actual Hoax of the Holocaust?
7/23/2006 c1 Bentfender
Wow, that was really intense. You did a great job. Was that book written by a man nicknamed Dr Death (or was it Mr Death)? I can't remember his real name, but I saw a documentary about him and I know he imporved the electric chair and considered himself an "expert" on gas chambers even though he knew nothing about them. He went to Auschwitz and "proved" that it was impossible for a gas chamber to be there, then he had the nerve to come back to the US and tell people that they were lying about the things they had been through. I have never been so angry in my life as I was when I heard that man speak.
5/26/2006 c1 10Ravenous Wolf
Perfectly written! Though the fact that a book like that is around, does disturb me. I love how you stressed that she died inside. I believe that a lot of Jews though would rather be killed someplace like that. But you made the character feel like she accomplished something. I really like the details you put, even in a short story you developed the character greatly.

-Ravenous Wolf
5/26/2006 c1 Winry Rockbell
I was a bit hesitant to read this at first, but I am glad I did! I think you conveyed the horrors and sadness and tragedy that the Holocaust brought to many, many people. I know that some people (even educators!) believe the Holocaust did not happen, but I did not know about this particular book. This was a powerful, amazing read. I just wish it were a bit longer-there is so much here you could expound upon. Other than that, this was one of the best pieces I have read about the Holocaust.
5/25/2006 c1 2Bloodflower
I haven't had occasion to read Butz's text, but I had no idea that it had been written as early as 1980! I didn't realize that the 'Revisionists' (I don't really count Holocaust denial as actual revisionist history) had been practicing then.

I have read Irving, however, and I do find some of his theses quite appalling - intriguing, but appalling nonetheless.
5/24/2006 c1 YuLian
OMGOSH... this is so much like NIGHT...

-YuLian
5/24/2006 c1 24Limited Edition
Excellently written.

At first I got mad because I thought you were agree with that goddamned book (especially since I'd spoken about Nazis who deny the hollocaust earlier today). The piece is awesome though.

You do know that most Jews had no idea where they were going? They were encouraged to sign themselves up for working camps and stepped unto those trains by themselves, not knowing the faith that awaited them. It's the same with the death camps; they were diguised as showers, so the people had no idea they were going to die either.

I don't know why you've used the title of another book.

The vocabulary and the descriptions are really nice, I like them ^^